Questions on 100s cnc

Discussion forum for RazorWeld, Everlast, and all other plasma cutters.
puma
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Questions on 100s cnc

Post by puma »

I am relatively new to the cnc plasma scene and am getting my table in about one month. Looking over plasma cutters I came across this Everlast 100s. It seems incredible for its cost compared to hypertherm. In my effort to try to be thorough, Ive got a few questions about this unit.

1. Why the significant price difference in these two units? It appears that the Everlast can outperform the Hypertherm 85. Is the Everlast just not a reliable unit?

2. Does the unit come with a cnc plug to connect into its outlet? The manual doesnt seem to specify if the plug comes with the unit to wire into the cnc controller. Ive looked across their website and have not found where I could purchase it which leads me to believe I have to purchase the plug which appears to be a SP21-12 and wire the whole thing. Is this correct?

3. I really want an ohmic sensor. Is it possible to retrofit one onto the Everlast cnc torch?

4. Lastly, I've read its possible to retrofit a hypertherm 105 torch to this unit but no other information on how it is done. I'm considering doing this for the supposed consumable life extension on the hypertherm torch and also the ohmic sensor i can directly add to that torch. But if i can retrofit the ohmic sensor onto the one provided with this unit, ill give that a shot first.

Any help or guidance appreciated! Looking forward to becoming part of this forum!
cuttinparts
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Questions on 100s cnc

Post by cuttinparts »

The Everlast will not outperform a Hypertherm but thats not to say it won't do what you need. It's just a lower quality offshore unit, same as any other industry.

Not sure if it comes with a plug to make it work with a cnc but making the connections yourself inside the machine is pretty straight forward however you may only get a raw voltage signal for height control. Be sure the table your getting can work with raw voltage if thats the case.

An ohmic sensor really has nothing to do with the plasma cutter and you can rig it up on any plasma torch so thats not an issue.

Not sure if the Hypertherm torch can be retrofitted but knowing how the Hypertherm torch connects to the 105 I highly doubt it will work without butchering up something.

It sounds like your in the market for the power of a 105 but do you need it? If not and you plan to do .500" or less I would go with a Hypertherm 65 which is far less money than the 105 and you will get a quality unit you don't have to worry about. The 65 is likely still more than the Everlast but believe me you won't be dissapointed.
'
Best of luck with your venture :Like
puma
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by puma »

I don't know enough about either of these machines so please don't read negatively into this but, how could a 100 amp rated machine not out perform a 80 amp rated machine?

I do need the capacity of the 80-85 amp machine. But if the Everlast machine has 100% duty cycle at 80 amps shouldn't that be better?

Is the cut determined more by the machine or by the torch? Hence the question about retrofitting a hypertherm 105 torch.

I don't doubt that you need to Frankenstein there torch to make it work but if the cut is better and the consumables cost is lower and the machine cost is lower then why wouldn't you explore this option?

Just trying to figure things out.

Of course if cut quality is determined more by the machine then all this is moot...
Rodw
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by Rodw »

I had an Everlast 50s. They are not a bad machine but not in the same class as Thermal Dynamics or Hypertherm.
There are some issues with their CNC port which I reported here. Looks like the board is similar in the 100s by the manual.
viewtopic.php?f=111&t=23700

There was a suggestion to use a tecmo PM70 torch but that might be too small for the bigger machine.
And yes, you have the connector right.
I bought a machine torch with my machine. You can't use Ohmic sensing as they are not shielded....

Remember you don't get cut charts with these machines but if you start some tests at 60% of what Hypertherm suggests, you might be close.

One thing that is interesting to compare is the minimum power draw for a single phase 45 Xp and a 50 amp 50s. The 45XP uses way more.

I ended up upgrading to a Thermal Dynamics A120 becasue I lucked on a good deal. I'm happy with it and it seems the main difference between it and HT is that TD has a lot more consumables so there is more mucking around swapping them out but I've been happy with results from 1.6mm to 16mm .
rrossetti
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by rrossetti »

use a tecmo pm125 torch euro connector and hypertherm consumables and mod the thc board same as the 50

Return to “RazorWeld, Everlast, & All Other Plasma Cutters”