Longevity Forcecut 40D / PTM-80 machine torch

Discussion forum for RazorWeld, Everlast, and all other plasma cutters.
Dirty_Bill
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Longevity Forcecut 40D / PTM-80 machine torch

Post by Dirty_Bill »

so im running a PTM-80 machine torch and Forcecut 40D on my Crossfire Pro table. i'm finding very little to no cut data for either the torch or longevity's plasma as far as cut charts, torch height feeds, etc... all i got from longevity when i asked their tech support for a cut chart was:

"We do not have an amps chart, with a table, we recommend full amps, and a distance of 1/8" or so. Decreasing amps will lower your cut quality and increase slag and dross ruining the tips even faster"

i mean hell i could have figured that out on my own.

i have .08mm and 1.0 mm consumables for this torch.

does anyone have any cut charts for a 40 amp machine? all the charts i have found are either for 30 amp or 60 amp, and some 45 amp. i cant afford to waste steel and consumables experimenting with cut speeds and heights.

second thing is the iPT-80 and PT-80 tips have a slight counterbore, would cut height still be measured from the flat of the tip or at the bottom of the counterbore where the orifice actually starts ie: where the plasma flame starts?

im really having a hard time getting this thing dialed in. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Longevity Forcecut 40D / PTM-80 machine torch

Post by weldguy »

I have no experience with your plasma, but I see many of the crossfire machines using hand help torches. If your plasma was designed to be handheld then I could see validity in the manufacturers response about having no cut charts.

Shouldn't be too tough to figure out on your own. Draw a 24" straight line and set your cut height manually. Counterbore or not stick with the suggested 1/8" cut height to start with, the importance on height is from the end of the electrode and not the hole in the tip.

Cut some straight line until you get your speed running as fast as you can without losing the cut then back it off just a bit.

Now inspect the cut from the newly found speed and see which way the taper on cut goes and reference this https://www.hypertherm.com/en-US/suppor ... angularity to make adjustments to further improve your cut.

Have fun and good luck

Return to “RazorWeld, Everlast, & All Other Plasma Cutters”