trafimet s45 machine torch?

Discussion forum for RazorWeld, Everlast, and all other plasma cutters.
tm america
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

trafimet s45 machine torch?

Post by tm america »

I am looking for a machine torch for my longevity 50i..It uses a trafimet s45 torch i know they make a s45 machine torch just having issues finding anyone that actually carries it and a price?Has anyone had any luck purschasing one of these?If so where did you buy it from?
Countryguy
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: trafimet s45 machine torch?

Post by Countryguy »

Hi. I just sent you a PM. I am building 2 new s45 MT's right now. My son and I use a 3d printer to design heads for various devices. We use autocad fusion 360 and solidwodks. The 3d printer head works fine. Same as the molded heads used by others like Trifimet. We also machined our own floating head torch I have enough stock for multiple holders and torches. I too found the s45 MT's hard to locate and hades my own as it just would not work well
tm america
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: trafimet s45 machine torch?

Post by tm america »

The s45 machine torch is hard to get i do have a connection now for three different torches that work with the chinese central connectors .The cheapest one i do not care for much the next better one uses consumables that are very similar to hypertherm powermax45 consumables...it can even use the powermax45 consumables.. The other torch uses thermodynamics consumables and is just awesome.. i have been doing a lot of prototyping with a cutter that is soon to hit the market.. And the results so far have been awesome. right now i am at over 10,000 pierces without a misfire.Just working on optimal pressures and settings for ideal cut quality .. but the reliability is so much nicer than i have seen with the hypertherm units i have owned and set customers up with ...
I 3d print my torch mounts,spindle mounts and plate marker mounts from carbon fiber pla.. It is the only material i would consider for high stress-high heat areas..Another thing that is great about 3d printing is you can print the part with pla then do a ceramic mold and do lost pla casting of parts in aluminum of other metals.. very useful

Return to “RazorWeld, Everlast, & All Other Plasma Cutters”