Creating Multiple Tool Paths within one part

Discussion forum for Lincoln & Miller plasma cutters
aomachining
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Creating Multiple Tool Paths within one part

Post by aomachining »

Hello! We recently just purchased a Lincoln Electric 4800 and we're still learning the overwhelming amount of stuff there is to learn. There's one thing that we really want to figure out how to do first before anything else. Is there anyway to create separate tool paths within one part? For example, we'd like to create multiple paths for the file attached so we can adjust the feeds and speeds. We've done a lot of research to figure it out, but we just can't seem to find anything. We've tried breaking the path and creating separate tool paths for each circle, but the lead ins develop on the outside and not the inside, and we've tried adjusting the starting point to the inside when that happens, but the instantreplay gets broken. Any kind of insight on this would be a big help, as we are very new in this realm of machining.

Thanks in advance!

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

WyoGreen
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Creating Multiple Tool Paths within one part

Post by WyoGreen »

I don't have a clue as to what software the Lincoln setup uses, but I can talk about how what I use works and perhaps that will help you figure out to do what you want to do.
What I do (using Sheetcam) is put my inside cuts and outside cuts on different layers. Then I can set up individual cutting operations for each layer. I'll sometimes even separate small holes from big holes if need be. When the post processor is run in Sheetcam, these different layers and operations are still written out as one job, just the inside cuts are done first, then the outside cuts.

Hope that gives you a clue, Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
Ironken
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Creating Multiple Tool Paths within one part

Post by Ironken »

WyoGreen wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:23 am I don't have a clue as to what software the Lincoln setup uses, but I can talk about how what I use works and perhaps that will help you figure out to do what you want to do.
What I do (using Sheetcam) is put my inside cuts and outside cuts on different layers. Then I can set up individual cutting operations for each layer. I'll sometimes even separate small holes from big holes if need be. When the post processor is run in Sheetcam, these different layers and operations are still written out as one job, just the inside cuts are done first, then the outside cuts.

Hope that gives you a clue, Steve
That's exactly how I do it in Sheetcam.

Return to “Lincoln & Miller Plasma Cutters”