Should I retrofit to candcnc

CandCNC plasma table components discussion forum
stompjrkz400
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Should I retrofit to candcnc

Post by stompjrkz400 »

Hey folks, I have an old tortchmate 2 table, all aluminum. Running a new 45xp.

The table is very sturdy bu step Motors are terribly under sized and I can only cut at about 200 IPM and the torch height controller is terrible.

I'm looking at the candcnc popular discount bundle I think, it looks like everything that I want.

I would love to hear feedback from a few of you guys using the system

Thanks much

Devon C
sonbakler
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Should I retrofit to candcnc

Post by sonbakler »

They have a retrofit it specifically for Torchmate owners with your complaints. I bought one and it has been fantastic, a lot of bang for the buck in my opinion and C&CNC is on this site all the time answering questions and helping out. I say go for you I highly doubt you will be dissapointed.
stompjrkz400
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by stompjrkz400 »

sonbakler wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:23 pm They have a retrofit it specifically for Torch mate owners with your complaints. I bought one and it has been fantastic, a lot of bang for the buck in my opinion and C&CNC is on this site all the time answering questions and helping out. I say go for you I highly doubt you will be dissapointed.

hopefully i get a phone call from them soon on a price. one thing i'm trying to figure out is if i can use my current torch holder mechanism on the torchmate & just replace the smart motor with the stepper that comes in the Candcnc bundle.
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

I suggest you either contact CandCNC via their web form or join the Support Forum to get faster direct feedback. You can also find the Orphan Rescue Kits in the online catalog .https://www.candcnc.net/store-home/tm-rescue-kit/ Note that the kits comes with a Z axis because the "torch lifter" of the TM design would take a lot changes to make it work.
stompjrkz400
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by stompjrkz400 »

tcaudle wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:45 pm I suggest you either contact CandCNC via their web form or join the Support Forum to get faster direct feedback. You can also find the Orphan Rescue Kits in the online catalog .https://www.candcnc.net/store-home/tm-rescue-kit/ Note that the kits comes with a Z axis because the "torch lifter" of the TM design would take a lot changes to make it work.
Tom, I'm i am going to order this kit after Christmas. i called a few days ago. excited to hear about the new z axis setup too! i requested to join the support forum. still waiting on approval.

Wondering how I'm going to adapt a second motor to my little torchmate 2 gantry. but i guess ill figure it out!

thanks!
tac1fab
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by tac1fab »

Did you get the retrofit kit from CandCNC? how do you like it?

Return to “CandCNC Forum”