PMW IIA - no voltage signal

CandCNC plasma table components discussion forum
lancepr
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

PMW IIA - no voltage signal

Post by lancepr »

Went to use my cnc this weekend and not getting any volts back on the DHC, when I push the button on the bottom of the PMW IIA device, the blue light comes on, but no reading on my CNC software, running CommandCNC linux version
I rebooted everything, still no volts, any thing else I can try before I order another PMW IIA device?
lancepr
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: PMW IIA - no voltage

Post by lancepr »

Also if anyone from CandCNC reads this, every time I try and reset my password I am getting this error

This key is invalid or has already been used. Please reset your password again if needed.
djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by djreiswig »

Can you see the dthc in the hub utility (with commandcnc off)? Bad cable? Hub issue? Try unplugging the power to the hub for a few seconds and plug it back in.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
lancepr
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by lancepr »

I did not check the hub utility, will check that today
DMoneyAllstar
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by DMoneyAllstar »

Make sure the MIC cable isn't damaged, loose wire, etc. especially the small wires in the connector to the PWM. I had a loose wire on mine once and it was making my brain hemmorage trying to troubleshoot.

And if you've got the older style PWM with the 3.5mm radio jack, that connection sucks. Upgrade to the newer MIC-03A and PWM-IIA.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

DMoneyAllstar wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:11 am Make sure the MIC cable isn't damaged, loose wire, etc. especially the small wires in the connector to the PWM. I had a loose wire on mine once and it was making my brain hemmorage trying to troubleshoot.

And if you've got the older style PWM with the 3.5mm radio jack, that connection sucks. Upgrade to the newer MIC-03A and PWM-IIA.
That is great advise! We sometimes have the same thing happen with the Plasmacam tables when someone doesn't have the torch control cable circular connector plugged into the controller all the way. Sometimes it is just the simplest of things that can cause these larger problems.
David
lancepr
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by lancepr »

It was a bad unit, replaced it and everything is working again
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

lancepr wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:24 pm It was a bad unit, replaced it and everything is working again
That's great, thanks for posting back with your solution :Like

Return to “CandCNC Forum”