New question about manual page 72 section G

CandCNC plasma table components discussion forum
TJS
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

New question about manual page 72 section G

Post by TJS »

I am very new at this as I just finished my table. Running Command CNC. Ok so section G page 72 setting up your Z axis for automatic touch off. In the screen shot on page 72 it shows C home input = THC Hold (Feed Inhibit) in the configurator. Then after read the two pages how to set up the Home Switch offset it then states in the text box. "Note: if you are using the FT-01 Feather Touch OMIC sensor then the value will be zero". Question is do I still need to enter this in the configurator as I am running the FT-01. C home input = THC Hold (Feed Inhibit)
Thanks.
T.J.
ps- bear with me as I am super new at this.
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: New question about manual page 72 section G

Post by WyoGreen »

In answer to your question, Yes.

There is an Addendum for setting up your FT-01 later on in the Manual. Make sure you have the newest manual, as there are now 2 ways to set up your FT-01. You can set it up with the floating switch as an emergency shutoff should the Ft-01 fail to sense the metal. (it happens on painted or rusted metal). Or you can set it up with the floating switch as a back-up to the FT-01, in which case you will be putting a value other than zero in the configurator per the manual section you are asking about.

Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
TJS

Post by TJS »

WyoGreen wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:22 pm In answer to your question, Yes.

There is an Addendum for setting up your FT-01 later on in the Manual. Make sure you have the newest manual, as there are now 2 ways to set up your FT-01. You can set it up with the floating switch as an emergency shutoff should the Ft-01 fail to sense the metal. (it happens on painted or rusted metal). Or you can set it up with the floating switch as a back-up to the FT-01, in which case you will be putting a value other than zero in the configurator per the manual section you are asking about.

Steve
Thanks. Please slow down. I am super new at this. This is the newest manual I am referring to. I am going to do the 0.8.0 where the switch is a backup. However this is greyed out ====> C home input = THC Hold (Feed Inhibit). How do I get it so I can click it. I am running the CommandCNC 1.1 update and I also updated the firmware to 1.8 if I can remember correctly. I have an "old style" PPLC Z car.
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by WyoGreen »

That option is greyed out in the newest update because it is the way it should be. There is another thread floating around here someplace that mentioned that. Evidently there is no longer any reason to change that option, so the option to change it was taken away. That THC hold is a hard wired thing, so you no longer need to worry about it. Just keep in mind that the manual was written to cover several different setups, so not everything in the manual will apply to you. I remember it being confusing as hell when I started down this same road, but now it makes perfect sense. (well some-days anyway) ;)

I have the PPLC gantry and use the ohmic with the floating switch as a back-up to it, so I can always wander out to the shop and see how mine is set up if need be. Right now I'm laser engraving some plaques, so my torch is not even on the table, but the controller set up is always the same.

Later, Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
TJS

Post by TJS »

I do appreciate the reply. I am going to set my z float switch the 0.8.0 way tonite.

Return to “CandCNC Forum”