CANDCNC Blade Runner II G251-4 Series E

CandCNC plasma table components discussion forum
brouser1
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

CANDCNC Blade Runner II G251-4 Series E

Post by brouser1 »

I have this older CANDCNC Blade Runner II G251-4 Series E complete setup, I used it with a Powermax 45 years ago. I want to now dust it off and build a cnc router table. Since the electronics will be used for routing now, I am sure there are many functions plasma needed that wont be necessary for the router.

My questions-
Is it possible to somehow adapt an Ethernet connection? If so, how?
If it is impossible to adapt, are there any parts I can take off of this system to use with a low cost future pieced together setup?

Thanks
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: CANDCNC Blade Runner II G251-4 Series E

Post by tcaudle »

All our controllers will do router . Its simply a change in the MACH3 Profile that takes the THC settings off the screen and changes the m3/m5 trigger to output 2 (realy on the tableI/O board) as far as using parts the G251 drivers are still being made and still being used. The UBOB card is a general parallel port BoB but it needs satellite cards (Table I/O and MTA to interface .

You can get more direct help on the CandCNC Support Forum Free to join. Open to anybody interest in CNC router or plasma cutting
brouser1
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by brouser1 »

tcaudle wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:04 pm The UBOB card is a general parallel port BoB but it needs satellite cards (Table I/O and MTA to interface .
Will the parallel port BoB operate with a ribbon cable coming out of a Warp9 ESS SmoothStepper?

I will checkout the Support Forum, thanks.
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

It will operate as a single port BoB . 5 inputs (4 usable ) 4 axis of control. The UBOB has an input doubler (port expander) that only works with a connection to a parallel port and running a MACH plugin ...The ESS has a different driver. Later UBOBs after REV 12 had an extra header to use with the 2nd port on the ESS to gain back the lost inputs
brouser1
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by brouser1 »

tcaudle wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:31 pm It will operate as a single port BoB . 5 inputs (4 usable ) 4 axis of control. The UBOB has an input doubler (port expander) that only works with a connection to a parallel port and running a MACH plugin ...The ESS has a different driver. Later UBOBs after REV 12 had an extra header to use with the 2nd port on the ESS to gain back the lost inputs
Great (I hope).

Please take a look at these images below. One pic of the back & one of the front of my unit. I could only find a graphic of a UBOBIII REV5, I have a UBOBIII REV1.

If possible, can you tell me the connections that need to be made?

ESS Port 1 to_____________________
ESS Port 2 to_____________________
ESS Input 5V (+) to_________________
ESS Input 5V (-) to_________________
If you recommend a standalone External 5V power supply to power the ESS, I can do that also.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Return to “CandCNC Forum”