Bladerunner dragon-cut DTHCII With issues

CandCNC plasma table components discussion forum
01xjguy
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Bladerunner dragon-cut DTHCII With issues

Post by 01xjguy »

so I bought my bladerunner Dragon-Cut with DTHCII in 2011-2012. I just recently got around to getting my CNC plasma table up and running. I got the motors running on the table and was able to run the "scorpion.tap" file in the mach3 folder with a sharpie clamped to the z axis. I went to setup the homing and limit switches and ran into a issue. so all of the switches seem to be working properly. the LEDs on the table i/o board light up correctly but when I look at the lights on mach3 diagnostic tab, the Y-home switch triggers the "ark OK" light. reading the manual it looks like the Y-home and ark ok share bit 6 on the raw port inputs so i dont know if that means anything. in ports and pins on the input signals tab the Y-home is enabled, port#1, pin#12 and active low has a green checked. the ark OK is enabled, port#8, pin#12 and active low has a green check. If i switch the Y-home port to 8 and trigger the Y axis homing switch it light up correctly but I doubt its that simple of a fix. I still have the support CD CandCNC sent with the bundle but haven't tried reload mach3.

also the limit light on mach3 doesn't turn on when I trigger any of the limit switches. But the limit switch led on the table I/O board works correctly.

I know I've waiting a long time to get this table running. And my 2 year technical support ran out a long time ago but any direction will be greatly appreciated
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Bladerunner dragon-cut DTHCII With issues

Post by tcaudle »

YOu best bet is to move this over to the CandCNC Support Forum where we d o detailed support for older systems. I don't know if you hold the record for the time between purchase and install but you are in the top 10. :wink:

That era of controls based around the UBOB and its single port "Expander" needs the correct MACH plugins.

I would suggest you
1. Update your MACH3 off their support site to the 066 release
2. Copy the MACH3 folder so if the MAster installer overwrites a profile you can go back and ge the settings you have added (if any) . Usually its the motor tuning numbers .
2. Get our LEGACY Master Installer off the Downloads page and select ONE off the menu . It will give you updated screens, configurations and plugins
It will put an icon on the desktop or you can use the MACH Loader ans start it.

Return to “CandCNC Forum”