Command CNC updater Q.

CandCNC plasma table components discussion forum
edclayton1
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Command CNC updater Q.

Post by edclayton1 »

Tonight I decided to try to update my Command CNC software on my plasma table. I have a system that hasn't been updated for a couple years and it is the old 32 bit linux. So I figured it was a good time to get it up to date again. I downloaded the software to my desktop and transferred the zip file over to the tables desktop ,and placed it in the download folder. Then I extracted the file, changed the properties to write / read and executed it.
It then asked for the password so I gave it that and hit enter.
Overall the script seemed to run all the way though and at the bottom it said it successfully installed a variety of things. I closed the terminal window, removed the flash drive and rebooted. At first it froze up the system so I did a cold reboot. Then it booted all the way up but I was back to looking at my old Linux again. So I repeated the process over again but got the exact same results.
I googled "how do I determine my linux distro/version."
Various commands all seem to say I was still not running x64 Linux, etc... Any thoughts why? I tried to call CandCnc before I started all this to make sure I could update from 32 bit to 64 bit like this. Windows never seemed to allow for that back in the day. :HaHa
Home Built 4 * 8 table
Bladerunner
Miller Syncrowave 250 TIG welder
Miller 211 Wirefeed Welder
Bridgeport Mill
Jet 13 * 40 Lathe
Hypertherm Powermax 65
80 gal 2 stage 175 PSI Emax air Compressor
djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Command CNC updater Q.

Post by djreiswig »

Is your processor 32 bit or 64 bit? If you have a 32 bit processor then a 64 bit OS ain't gonna work.
https://www.linuxandubuntu.com/home/32- ... ing-system
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
edclayton1
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Command CNC updater Q.

Post by edclayton1 »

Well I went back out to the computer at the table and went to figure out what version I was currently running, and I discovered my plasma cutting software is now updated. Somehow from the installation instructions I had thought the update was going to be updating the entire operating system to the 64 bit Xubuntu not just the commandCNC software version. Obviously I misinterpreted the instructions I guess. Thanks Ed
Home Built 4 * 8 table
Bladerunner
Miller Syncrowave 250 TIG welder
Miller 211 Wirefeed Welder
Bridgeport Mill
Jet 13 * 40 Lathe
Hypertherm Powermax 65
80 gal 2 stage 175 PSI Emax air Compressor

Return to “CandCNC Forum”