Oxy fuel torch configuration mach3

CandCNC plasma table components discussion forum
kn612
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

Oxy fuel torch configuration mach3

Post by kn612 »

Is anyone running an older mach3 controller on an oxy fuel setup?

If so what is your process to switch from plasma to oxy fuel? Is there a oxy fuel screen set for mach3? My computer only shows the hyconnect, mp3000, router, etc screens

I threw an oxy machine torch in and messed with it. Used flame tool in sheetcam. Deleted the gcode for touchoff and pressed run when it was preheated enough. Opened the cut oxygen at the same time. Ripped through 3/4 and I guessed on feedrate, height, pressures.

If it's possible to control the z axis at the computer while cutting I will do the work to add a cut oxygen solenoid. The other hurdle is I use the ohmic feather touch on plasma. For touch off would I need to hook up the floating head? Right now the floating head acts as an e stop when triggered during plasma.

12703.jpeg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Oxy fuel torch configuration mach3

Post by djreiswig »

I have an oxy torch on an ethercut. Set it up years ago, but haven't used it lately.
I have a 2 button pendant to control the Z while cutting. You have to check a box in mach to enable the Z to move with the buttons while cutting.
I have gas solenoids hooked up. The cut oxygen turns on after preheat.
I modified my plasma post to add the oxy functions and the switch touchoff at the start before lighting the torch.
I also added custom buttons to my screenset.
What controller do you have?
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
kn612

Post by kn612 »

Parallel port bladerunner
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

In MACH3 there is a setting to allow jogging the Z DURING a cut ....I think its in MILL options. That has to be set on then you can assign a couple of buttons to Jog the Z up and down during a cut . On newer Bladerunners you caould assign two inputs from the table i/o as Up and DOWN and use a ON-off-on Toggle switch with momentary and center off to trigger the two inputs. Pretty sure its in one of the older manuals for the Bladerunner in the MACH section of the MANUALS (Support/Manuals)
kn612

Post by kn612 »

Got it. Should have referenced the manual first, it's right in there. Emulating keys for now. Thanks Tom, good info as always.
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

What works really good using two inputs on the Table I/O assigned as Up and DOWN for ozy fuel. A toggle swtich with center off and momentary (spring return to center) on each side (PDPT - venter off Momentary) on a cable lets you walk over tot he table and do some close up manual THC .

Return to “CandCNC Forum”