Need help resuming a cut from a certain line

CommandCNC related questions, tips and topics can be posted here
wmbrewer
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Need help resuming a cut from a certain line

Post by wmbrewer »

Started a cut. Barely went off into a previous item cut-out and I need to resume from a certain line and it will not allow me to do so (I'm sure it's operator error). Any help is much appreciated.
robbyh78
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: Need help resuming a cut from a certain line

Post by robbyh78 »

scroll back in the code to the m05 line before the cut you want to start at and start it from there
ggeh
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Need help resuming a cut from a certain line

Post by ggeh »

How I do it is just what Robbyh78 said "scroll back in the code to the m05 line before the cut you want to want to redo." If you have thousands of lines and a bad memory like I do write the line number down. That way if you decide you want to home your z at that M5 point of the g-code the program will take you back to the very start but you will still know the M5 line number you want to return to because you recorded it. M5 is torch off and M3 is torch fire. Click disable torch icon. When your ready to start click { run from line } not run. If you click on run it will ignore your your last m5 input and start from the very beginning of your g-code. Then I watch the not fired torch approach where I want to continue cutting and when the torch is within a 1/2 inch or so I fire the torch by unchecking the disable torch and the torch will fire. The distance will change depending on how quick you are and how fast the torch is running. This is all assuming your using linux commandcnc and not windows mach3. you can do it in mach3 but the screen is a bit different. This is a great feature in Commandcnc has saved me many times.

Gary

Return to “C&CNC CommandCNC”