What does this Error mean?????

CommandCNC related questions, tips and topics can be posted here
Rickzink
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

What does this Error mean?????

Post by Rickzink »

I am still baby fresh in the Plasma Table world. I have been getting along fairly good doing some simple cuts of files. Previously, when a cut would stop for various reasons, I have been able to preserve the cut simply by using the run from line button in my command cnc software. For some reason, over the last few days when I try to do this it gives me this error:

radius to end of arc differs from radius to start: start=(x2.6030,y5.0984) center=(x2.5890,y5.1144) end=(x2.6110,y5.0970) r1=0.0213 r2=0.0281 abs_err=0.006797 rel_err=24.225396

Again, on previous occasions I have simply been able to hit the run from line and been able to salvage the cut.

Can someone point me in the right direction to correct this?

Please remember that I am new to this so please talk to me like I'm 6
robertspark
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: What does this Error mean?????

Post by robertspark »

sometimes CNC controllers or software don't like circles, because there can be a rounding error when it calculates the arc / start and end positions....

the fix is to break the circles into quadrants.

what CAM software are you using to generate the gcode? sheetcam I can help with .... the rest it depends.... inkscape, fusion 360 vectric etc
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

From your previous posts, it looks like you have a CandCNC controller. Are you running Mach3 or commandcnc? I have seen this error if my machine crashes on an arc. Usually when I have a crash, I back up the gcode to the end of the previous cut at the m5 command. Then I turn the DTHC off and put it in manual. Then single step until right before the torch fires. I skip the fire step and restart the code. I watch the torch follow the previously cut path and right before it gets to the uncut area I click the button to fire the torch. Then put DTHC back into auto and turn it on. This usually allows me to save the part.
I've never used the run from line command.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
Rickzink
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Rickzink »

I am using sheetcam software and commandcnc. Ill try djreiswig advice. Im firing up this morning. Will see if the machine des it today.

Return to “C&CNC CommandCNC”