Some gifts I made.

Plasma Cutters can be used to make some amazing products & projects. Upload some pictures of projects you've completed using your plasma cutter.
illusivedf
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Some gifts I made.

Post by illusivedf »

I havn't really posted to much up here just kind of lurk around because most of my work is production automotive parts I have been doing for years and find it kind of boring lol. But here are some gifts I made for my girlfriends family. Cut on my 07 Dynatorch with Powermax 1250 and powdercoated with an Eastwood gun in my home built spray booth and oven. parts of the art are from signtorch, one thing I may have found on here but, I modified some of the files I downloaded and added custom touches as well as drew some of it.

Some production cuts today for air ride brackets

and here is my powder setup
Last edited by illusivedf on Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Owner at Illusive Design & Fabrications
http://www.illusivefabrications.com
Air Ride Suspension Parts
Metal Fabrication
Dynatorch 4x8 with Hypertherm 1250
Vinyl Decals & Signs
Powder Coating
CNCCAJUN
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Some gifts I made.

Post by CNCCAJUN »

Very nice . . . and a Dynatorch Guy . . . :D

Steve
Smiling Gator Metal Works, LLC
Dynatorch 4X4 XLS
PowerMAX 85
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Capstone
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by Capstone »

nice variety of discipline's there. thanks for sharing. The really thick stuff is more impressive to me in a way b/c I'm afraid to try it with my PM45.
Phil
It's all relative...
CNC Metal Design
Instagram CNC Metal Design
JD Squared 4x8
HT PM45, Miller 251 MIG
Nacs Fab
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Nacs Fab »

Illusive you should do yourself a favor and buy that new Duramax Torch upgrade for your 1250. I could not get definitive information on whether the cut quality was better, but everyone always spoke of the consumable life. I bought one and both improved drastically on my machine. Well worth the $850 investment.
Shop Droids Plasmabot 3.0 DIY 4x8 with water table
G540 with LCTHC by candcnc
Hypertherm 1250 with Duramax Torch Upgrade
all built... by me...
illusivedf
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by illusivedf »

Thanks for the comments everybody, yea next month is usually my busiest month of the year so I am hoping I can order that torch next month. Still paying off the upgrade to the dual x axis drives and I just ordered a small portable tig and plasma since my current stuff is either tied down to the machine or too big to move. I am also wanting to add a plate marker to the table and get one of those large digitizing boards to draw into cad with. After that, it's time to find a bigger shop haha, working out of 3 different garages is getting old especially when one is 25 min away. Also eventually need to get a refrigerated dryer as well I am just using a 5 stage with gallon of desiccant, works better than just a basic water trap and was less than the dryer at the time. And I also want to add the Ohmic sensing as well.

I'm wondering how fast I can sell my "stock" machine torch for and how much. That could effect how much sooner I can do the upgrade as well.

I have pretty much always just cut about 1/8"-1/4" for the majority of the stuff I build but, just recently started cutting more 14-16 gauge materials and 3/8"-1/2" plate. My table always had some backlash or a shake to it form being a single X axis motor with a driveshaft to the slave side, but I just added that slave axis (after dealing with it for 7 years) and changed the entire table over to Dynatorches new finer gear rack. The machine is running much smoother now but I still compete with a lot of laser cut parts with my normal production stuff. I'll see if I can find a part laying around from the old setup to compare the difference.
Owner at Illusive Design & Fabrications
http://www.illusivefabrications.com
Air Ride Suspension Parts
Metal Fabrication
Dynatorch 4x8 with Hypertherm 1250
Vinyl Decals & Signs
Powder Coating
quadboy
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by quadboy »