Pipe stand offs

Plasma Cutters can be used to make some amazing products & projects. Upload some pictures of projects you've completed using your plasma cutter.
DXF
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Pipe stand offs

Post by DXF »

Cut (4) of these pipe stand off brackets out of 16 gage stainless steel to install a radiant floor heating system in my shop. Here is a dry fit of my plummers nightmare. My plasma cutter is handy to have! This will be cool.....I mean warm. :mrgreen:

Dave Hanks
Attachments
100_6766.jpg
100_6767.jpg
100_6768.jpg
plasmanewbie

Re: Pipe stand offs

Post by plasmanewbie »

Such a GREAT IDEA!! Thanks for sharing it.
dgeorgester
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by dgeorgester »

isn't it nice to have great tools to do these little jobs? I find it makes life a bit easier... "we'll just cut something quick on the plasma. Here you go!"
DXF

Post by DXF »

Yep, it is nice to be able to make simple things like these. Got lucky on these......(2) of them were 1.12" short and they worked out perfect because of the staggering of the hot and cold manifolds. Somebody up there is watching out for me. :mrgreen:

Dave Hanks
DXF

Post by DXF »

I painted these standoff brackets with a rattle can. Going to pressure check it shortly.....winter is just around the corner. Love pex tubing! Plan on charging batteries with a wind generator to run the water heater and circulating pump. The hybrid water heater has WIFI (crazy ain't it?) and draws only 5000 watts. Any ideas on a wind generator system? Thanks

Dave Hanks
Attachments
100_7005.jpg
Concrete.jpg
100_6998.jpg
TrinityFabworks
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by TrinityFabworks »

That'll be so nice to have! Some day when I build an actual shop, I'd like to heat it with waste oil. I think that I could have it both ways, if I wrap a copper coil around the heat exchanger, and then plumb it through the floor, I think that it would heat the air, and keep my cement slab above freezing a lot easier than if I was to just have a furnace running by itself
DXF

Post by DXF »

TrinityFabworks wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:02 am That'll be so nice to have! Some day when I build an actual shop, I'd like to heat it with waste oil. I think that I could have it both ways, if I wrap a copper coil around the heat exchanger, and then plumb it through the floor, I think that it would heat the air, and keep my cement slab above freezing a lot easier than if I was to just have a furnace running by itself
I wrapped the 6" floating slab with the equivalent of 2" of the blue foam and my shop is all 2" x 6" outside walls and rafters.....best investment I have ever made. Takes very little to heat and cool my 1500 square foot man cave.

Dave Hanks

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutter Project Picture Gallery”