Lost my Dad Jan 22

Plasma Cutters can be used to make some amazing products & projects. Upload some pictures of projects you've completed using your plasma cutter.
TJS
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Lost my Dad Jan 22

Post by TJS »

I lost my Father/Mentor/Teacher on Jan 22, 2020. He fought a 2 year fight of colon cancer. He taught me how to weld when I was 12. He instilled in me, God gave you a brain and two hands: Use them. He was the best craftsman I knew. During my speech at the Funeral home (this was a tough one) I vowed to carry on his legacy. He loved my CNC plasma cutter I built and actually helped me with it. So I made this simple cut out and put it next to his picture and urn. He also used to be a truck driver. His White Freighliner was orange and so was his Mack. He painted them himself way back when. I will miss him.
T.J.
dad.jpeg
dad.jpeg (37.83 KiB) Viewed 1093 times
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Lost my Dad Jan 22

Post by acourtjester »

Some people touch our lives, other live in our hearts, until you meet again remember the love.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
plasmanewbie
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by plasmanewbie »

Sorry for your loss TJ, I'm sure you will carry on the legacy very well. Glad to hear he played such a huge roll in your skills today. Great memories for sure
james.davis
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by james.davis »

Loosing anyone is hard but for a son to loose is father is very hard my heart and prayers are with you.
Sorry for your loss
Jim
Nacs Fab
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Nacs Fab »

Very Sorry for your Loss. I lost my Father in 2017 due to complications from cancer surgery. He also taught me how to weld, mechanic and so many other things. Bless you and your Family.
Shop Droids Plasmabot 3.0 DIY 4x8 with water table
G540 with LCTHC by candcnc
Hypertherm 1250 with Duramax Torch Upgrade
all built... by me...
4Dscreenart
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by 4Dscreenart »

I missed this post... Im sorry to hear about your dad. My dad died on Jan 24th two days after yours. I was so busy when it happened fortunately everyone was understanding and let me finish the projects when I got around to it. Thats all I did. I shut everything down because I just couldn't bring myself to make stuff. I brought a lot of his shop equipment back to Tennessee from Upper Michigan. Ive started back up and it reallt nice using some of the same tools he used for years to make a living. Again I am sorry for your loss I hope now you are moving forward. Some days are better than others but we will keep going.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Sorry for your loss. Your sign is a great way to remember him.
I think I'm the oldest 10 year old boy on the forum...
TJS

Post by TJS »

4Dscreenart wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:53 pm I missed this post... Im sorry to hear about your dad. My dad died on Jan 24th two days after yours. I was so busy when it happened fortunately everyone was understanding and let me finish the projects when I got around to it. Thats all I did. I shut everything down because I just couldn't bring myself to make stuff. I brought a lot of his shop equipment back to Tennessee from Upper Michigan. Ive started back up and it reallt nice using some of the same tools he used for years to make a living. Again I am sorry for your loss I hope now you are moving forward. Some days are better than others but we will keep going.
Sorry for your loss as well. Yes keep going and keep their legacy going. I have been working on some of his stuff and resurrecting it in his honor. I got his 1966 gravely going again with the crazy snow blower called a "dogeater". The snow blower attachment sat for 40 years and was buried in the mud. I did a YT video on that and even used my table to cut some pieces out. I know when I got it going and busted a solid ice/snow pile to smitherines I could just see him smiling. My 7 yr old son love it.
The second item I am resurrecting is a 1971 Hodaka ACE 100. It too sat for over 40 years. We rode is when we were kids. I should have that up and running soon. I also am doing YT vids on this build.

YT channel: TJS Welding and Fabrication.
Jason@bc
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Jason@bc »

Sorry for your loss.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutter Project Picture Gallery”