DIY toolboard

Plasma Cutters can be used to make some amazing products & projects. Upload some pictures of projects you've completed using your plasma cutter.
Mtw fdu
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: DIY toolboard

Post by Mtw fdu »

Jason@bc wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:36 pm Nice work Mtw fdu, a (well thought out and organized storage/work-station) can save a ton of time, my only problem sometimes is keeping it that way...LOL.
Thanks for your comments Jason@bc. Another project that is almost completed. Then onto the next 1.

Mtw fdu.
Camcutcnc 4 x 4 plasma cutter with UC 100 Motion Controller
Powermax 45 with Machine Torch
Bobcad V27 and Mach 3
Proma THC
Now with Rotary Axis
Laser cross hairs
toasterman12
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by toasterman12 »

Jason@bc wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:12 am I like the cement mixer idea, might be the least expensive way to go, thanks Jester.
no freakin way, just so happens I have a mixer that was left behind when I bought the house, thanks for the pro tip.
would sand benefit as a medium for descaling or not worth the effort?
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

toasterman12 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 4:50 am
Jason@bc wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:12 am I like the cement mixer idea, might be the least expensive way to go, thanks Jester.
no freakin way, just so happens I have a mixer that was left behind when I bought the house, thanks for the pro tip.
Welcome aboard Toasterman12! You could try sand to see if it makes a difference (or not). I used to tumble my brass using cobmeal grit mixed with Brasso. It worked great. I haven't personally tried the cement mixer approach on plasma cut parts. If you try it , be sure to let us know how it works for you.

David
Jason@bc
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Jason@bc »

toasterman12 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 4:50 am
It can't hurt to try sand, I know some guys who don't put any media in...just steel on steel.
robertspark
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by robertspark »

sand may be a little soft and just turn to dust.... it may work but it may take a hell of a long time

try a hard "sand" garnet.... used for sand blasting (I have used a 40/60 mix for sand blasting with a pressure pot and have reused it many many times)

https://www.kuhmichel.com/uk/products/garnet-sand/

there are some other materials listed here:
https://www.kuhmichel.com/uk/products/

I have used glass beads for aluminium (works well), and aluminium oxide (cuts a little too quick for me, not for aluminium!), that is with sand blasting not a tumbler.....

don't use "sand" {river / play sand} for sand blasting as it has a high silica content and because it turns to dust very quickly you are likely to end up with lung problems (unless of course you use REALLY good respiration). https://www.osha.gov/sites/default/file ... HA3697.pdf

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutter Project Picture Gallery”