Air Deflector for CNC router

Topics related to 3d printers and 3d printed plasma table accessories.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Air Deflector for CNC router

Post by acourtjester »

My table is dual purpose Plasma and Wood Routing. I have a dust shoe for my router to vacuum up the dust made by the router.
I dust shoe is stationary just above the wood and the router bit move up and down through the dust shoe. I was having a problem with the cooling air flow from the router (downward) blowing some of the dust away and not into the dust shoe. I 3-D printed a air deflector that attaches to the router bottom and the cool air flow is not to the side, away from the shoe. the attached video shows how if operates.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
robertspark
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Air Deflector for CNC router

Post by robertspark »

:Like :Like
adbuch

Re: Air Deflector for CNC router

Post by adbuch »

acourtjester wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:01 pm My table is dual purpose Plasma and Wood Routing. I have a dust shoe for my router to vacuum up the dust made by the router.
I dust shoe is stationary just above the wood and the router bit move up and down through the dust shoe. I was having a problem with the cooling air flow from the router (downward) blowing some of the dust away and not into the dust shoe. I 3-D printed a air deflector that attaches to the router bottom and the cool air flow is not to the side, away from the shoe. the attached video shows how if operates.
Looks like it works great!
David

Return to “3D Printers & Printed Accessories”