Sharpe 6760 3-STAGE AIR FILTER & DRYER (Filter Life?)

All topics related to compressed air supply.
xnaron
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Sharpe 6760 3-STAGE AIR FILTER & DRYER (Filter Life?)

Post by xnaron »

How long do the filters last in stage 1 and stage 2 of the 6760 3 stage dryer? shop/dryer_sharpe6760.html Looking at the cost of filters and desiccant it might not be too much more over a few years that a small refrigerated air dryer might make more sense.
AREA
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Sharpe 6760 3-STAGE AIR FILTER & DRYER (Filter Life?)

Post by AREA »

I looked into this also and realized that if I went with a refrigerated dryer I would need a filter like the stage 1 and 2 filter anyway to protect the refrigerated dryer from contamination just like they protect the desiccant dryer from contamination so there is no savings on the pre-filter aspect of the system. A little more research and I learned that desiccant dryers actually provide dryer air so I went with the Sharpe 3 stage unit.

I have been using the same stage 1 and 2 filters for 2 years now, still no pressure loss, filter elements don't look new but they are still functioning great. I bought and extra 5lbs of desiccant so I have dry desiccant when its needed and don't expect I will have to replace it for years after watching the video below on drying it out on your own rather than replacing it. I am very happy with my setup, saw noticable cut quality and consumable life improvements over the Motorguard "toilet paper" filter i was using.

xnaron
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by xnaron »

Thanks for the detailed response. How often are you removing the desiccant to dry it out?
AREA
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by AREA »

I do some sandblasting as well which i also use the sharpe system for and it consumes a lot of air and I typically swap it out every 2 months but it does vary with use and compressor size, condition.
Lee0110
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Lee0110 »

It's important to consider the lifespan and cost of replacement filters and desiccant when choosing a dryer for your shop. While the Sharpe 6760 3 stage dryer may be a good option for some, it's worth noting that the lifespan of the filters in stages 1 and 2 can vary depending on usage and environmental factors.

It's recommended to monitor the condition of the filters regularly and replace them as needed to ensure the dryer is functioning at optimal levels. It's also worth considering the cost of replacement filters and desiccant over time and comparing it to the cost of a small refrigerated air dryer to determine which option may be more cost-effective in the long run.

Overall, it's important to carefully evaluate your specific needs and budget when choosing a dryer for your shop to ensure you make the best decision for your business.

Return to “Air Dryers, Air Filters, Air Compressors, Etc.”