Idea Question

All topics related to compressed air supply.
topkote
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Idea Question

Post by topkote »

Regarding the dry air discussion. I got to thinking if the intent is to cool the air down before it gets too far into the supply line would it make sense or is it possible to use copper baseboard radiator pipe with the fins on them to help dissipate the heat? I understand you still need filtering and drying beyond that, I just wondering if it would lighten the load so to speak on the filtering system.
robertspark
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Idea Question

Post by robertspark »

yes, a lot of people do it that way.

what you have to remember is you really want good air to copper contact.... ie... you want the compressed air in the pipe to be moving and turbulent.

i used some 15mm / 1/2" copper tube and inserted some copper wool into it loosely.... I also use a water cooler as it's similar to a whiskey still with a cold water outer jacket. this removes all water droplets from the air stream and allows more to condense and coalesce within the copper tube before it gets to my 3 stage filter and finally a desiccant air dryer....

many ideas on YouTube... all been done before

https://www.google.com/search?q=compres ... =641&dpr=2
jmersereau
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Idea Question

Post by jmersereau »

The baseboard would help but to maximize the heat dissipation a product like this works better and is easier to connect to...
91l1ANSX7ML._AC_SL1500_.jpg
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004X ... UTF8&psc=1 .

Jim
PrimeWeld CUT60
Langmuir CrossFire Pro
LightBurn, SheetCAM, FireControl
YESWELDER Digital MIG-205DS MIG

Return to “Air Dryers, Air Filters, Air Compressors, Etc.”