1” Copper Air Dryer Build

All topics related to compressed air supply.
tekspec
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

1” Copper Air Dryer Build

Post by tekspec »

Hey,

Just found this forum, just got a crossfire pro and have been getting it all setup and dialed in. Wound up learning a bunch about air supply and air quality needed for good cutting. Since I’m in an area with tons of humidity in the summer I decided to try and build the best system I could, at least for now. So I decided to build a full 1” Copper Air Dryer system for my plasma and decided to make a video about it while building it. Figured maybe someone here would find it useful for making or planning their own system down the line. It’s a long video showing basically the full process, although it was my first time ever doing something with copper and solder so I’m probably slower than others lol

https://youtu.be/pxJA4kgz6Ws
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: 1” Copper Air Dryer Build

Post by acourtjester »

good tutorial :Like :Like
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
tekspec
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by tekspec »

Thanks! We’ll see how well it works once summer rolls back around
c_rossman
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by c_rossman »

The issue I see with these builds is that you will never get the dew point less than the temperature of the room. If you get a decent refrigerated air dryer you can get down to the upper 30's no problem.
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

Pretty cool, works more like a coalescer than a dryer and will definitely do a great job at eliminating the raw water and provide some air drying effect. Desiccant dryers have an even lower dewpoint than refrigerated and either would be a great addition to that in the future for even cleaner air. Nice job and nice video.

Return to “Air Dryers, Air Filters, Air Compressors, Etc.”