A 10.2 CFM Rotary Screw Compressor UNDER $3000

All topics related to compressed air supply.
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

A 10.2 CFM Rotary Screw Compressor UNDER $3000

Post by Joe Jones »

What are your thoughts on this compressor?

I have a large Ingersoll-Rand rotary screw air compressor that I love. It cost me nearly $7,000.00. It has a TAS (Total Air System) that removes water from the air BEFORE it goes into the storage tank, and it is sleep next to it quiet!

I was poking around the Net, and came across this company that sells a relatively small, portable rotary screw air compressor for under $3,000.00 It has no storage tank, but those are easy enough to find and plumb into a system. You would also need a water separator, such as the Harbor Freight Tools $499.00 refrigerated Water Separator.

Joe

https://www.compressorworld.com/3-hp-ro ... mpack.html

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
cuttinparts
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: A 10.2 CFM Rotary Screw Compressor UNDER $3000

Post by cuttinparts »

This topic caught my interest Joe. Was excited to check out the link but after seeing the unit and the specs I have my doubts on how good this would be for that kind of money.
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

cuttinparts wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:49 pm This topic caught my interest Joe. Was excited to check out the link but after seeing the unit and the specs I have my doubts on how good this would be for that kind of money.
It is a rotary screw compressor with no storage tank, and no water separation unit. it is the "barebones" rotary screw mechanism. i believe it would work very well, but you would need a tank to store 60 to 80 gallons of air, and some means to separate the water from the air before it reaches the plasma machine.

Joe

Last edited by Joe Jones on Tue May 17, 2022 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

cuttinparts
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by cuttinparts »

I get all that, to me it just looks cheap and the specs aren't fantastic so I would be concerned about spending that kind of money on it. If you decide to pull the trigger on one I certainly am interested to hear what you think of it.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

cuttinparts wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:15 pm I get all that, to me it just looks cheap and the specs aren't fantastic so I would be concerned about spending that kind of money on it. If you decide to pull the trigger on one I certainly am interested to hear what you think of it.
The one mentioned above looks more like an expensive heavy duty job site compressor for running jack hammers, air drills, etc. I don't see this one as a cost effective option for home shop use. I like my Speedaire 7 1/2 HP 2 stage cast iron series with 80 gallon upright tank. It is rated at about 27 cfm at 90 psi, and I originally bought it to run an HVLP spray gun which had large cfm requirements. I paid around $1400 at Grainger back in the mid 80s, and it is still going strong.

David
speedaire compressor.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

I wish I had the extra bucks to buy one and put it through its paces. I suspect it would work very well. The attraction for me is the QUIET operation, and the long duty cycle. They are offering a 24 gallon tank as a buffer, so I really believe this would be ideal for a plasma table.

Joe

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

Return to “Air Dryers, Air Filters, Air Compressors, Etc.”