Off Topic - Sweet Custom Press Break

All topics related to bending, forming, notching, drilling, saw cutting, etc.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Off Topic - Sweet Custom Press Break

Post by adbuch »

SegoMan DeSigns wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:49 pm David,

That is a nice clean simple setup, I refer to that as KISS engineering (Keep It Simple Steve) :Yay
How is the IGaging DRO holding up? I was going to install one on each bay for U/D and one on a steeper controlled back stop in the middle section.

The IGaging DRO has been very reliable since installation about 4 years ago. I also have 4 pairs of the IGaging digital calipers and much prefer them to my Mitutoyos. I've also got some of the IGaging digital inclinometers that work very well as well. They are magnetic and I have used them attached to the parts I am bending to measure the bend angles.

David
SegoMan DeSigns
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by SegoMan DeSigns »

adbuch wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:43 pm
SegoMan DeSigns wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:49 pm David,

That is a nice clean simple setup, I refer to that as KISS engineering (Keep It Simple Steve) :Yay
How is the IGaging DRO holding up? I was going to install one on each bay for U/D and one on a steeper controlled back stop in the middle section.

The IGaging DRO has been very reliable since installation about 4 years ago. I also have 4 pairs of the IGaging digital calipers and much prefer them to my Mitutoyos. I've also got some of the IGaging digital inclinometers that work very well as well. They are magnetic and I have used them attached to the parts I am bending to measure the bend angles.

David

:Like :Like
SegoMan DeSigns

Post by SegoMan DeSigns »

SegoMan DeSigns wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:55 pm Keep in mind when bending with a press brake this chart dictates everything, from metal thickness, die opening, flange size to tonnage / foot required to make the bend. If you ever come across a good deal on a 3 ph unit keep in mind normally it's only the hydraulic motor that runs on 3 phase and can be changed out with a single phase unit, if that bumps the power load up to high for your over-taxed electrical system the hydraulic pump could be powered by a gas engine.

adbuch

Post by adbuch »

SegoMan DeSigns wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:37 am
SegoMan DeSigns wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:55 pm Keep in mind when bending with a press brake this chart dictates everything, from metal thickness, die opening, flange size to tonnage / foot required to make the bend. If you ever come across a good deal on a 3 ph unit keep in mind normally it's only the hydraulic motor that runs on 3 phase and can be changed out with a single phase unit, if that bumps the power load up to high for your over-taxed electrical system the hydraulic pump could be powered by a gas engine.

???

Return to “Metal Bending, Rolling, Notching, Drilling, Saw Cutting”