mini press brake

All topics related to bending, forming, notching, drilling, saw cutting, etc.
Corfabrication
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

mini press brake

Post by Corfabrication »

I have a run of parts coming that requires a bunch of flat stock bending. I got the basics finished today for a lay down style open press to do the job. I will be finishing it off with a limit switch to help speed the job and make it repeatable.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: mini press brake

Post by Gamelord »

That looks pretty awesome, great job and it should work well. Post up a picture when you get it operating and finished pieces.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
weldor2005
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by weldor2005 »

Just a run of parts?

Your setup looks great, but for just a piece of flexible tooling, I wonder why you welded that stock to the threaded end of the cylinder rod instead of welding an appropriate nut to the plate and threading it to the rod, now the reuse without work for this rod is limited.
David Finch CWI

Plenty of welders
Plasmacam 4x4 with DHC2
PowerMax 45
Lots of other toys
Corfabrication
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Corfabrication »

weldor2005 wrote:Just a run of parts?

Your setup looks great, but for just a piece of flexible tooling, I wonder why you welded that stock to the threaded end of the cylinder rod instead of welding an appropriate nut to the plate and threading it to the rod, now the reuse without work for this rod is limited.
The cyl is cheap enough it really didn't matter to me. The job pays for this tooling hundreds of times over. I did look at the tractor supply store when I got the ram, they did not have any 1 1/8" nuts of any thread.....
5000 pieces to bend, 4 bends per part.
weldor2005
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by weldor2005 »

Corfabrication wrote:

The cyl is cheap enough it really didn't matter to me. The job pays for this tooling hundreds of times over. I did look at the tractor supply store when I got the ram, they did not have any 1 1/8" nuts of any thread.....

Yea I would say that set up will pay for itself. The weld looks nice though. from what I see.
David Finch CWI

Plenty of welders
Plasmacam 4x4 with DHC2
PowerMax 45
Lots of other toys
Corfabrication
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Corfabrication »

weldor2005 wrote:
Corfabrication wrote:

Yea I would say that set up will pay for itself. The weld looks nice though. from what I see.
It Should pass d.1.1
Lol
Thanks!

Return to “Metal Bending, Rolling, Notching, Drilling, Saw Cutting”