Anti corrosive for water table

All topics related to smoke evacuation, ventilation, and water tables.
redheadfred
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: Anti corrosive for water table

Post by redheadfred »

Sharp cool premium synthetic fastenal part # 3265774, 1.5% dilution Ratio. St...
Arclight 4x4
Hypertherm Pm45
Lincoln 256 Mig
Precision Tig 275
Baileigh 50 Ton Press
Quincy 2 stage 5Hp compressor
gcoulter
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by gcoulter »

I've been using the GreenCut and like it. However, it is a pain to obtain. Does anyone have a alternative? I use it on Lincoln Torchmate at a Community College. It is NOT used much and evaporates pretty quickly. I'd like to find something in the USA and not so expensive to ship in. Suggestions?
Ironken
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Ironken »

gcoulter wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:04 am I've been using the GreenCut and like it. However, it is a pain to obtain. Does anyone have a alternative? I use it on Lincoln Torchmate at a Community College. It is NOT used much and evaporates pretty quickly. I'd like to find something in the USA and not so expensive to ship in. Suggestions?
I also used GreenCut but it is a pain to get and makes sticky crusty schmoo after time. I use this https://www.jd2.com/pico-quench-guard-g-5gal and really like it. I have emailed Pico with questions and Mike always is willing to help. JD2 keeps it in stock.
gcoulter
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by gcoulter »

Thanks for the reply! I'll definitely check it out!
Ironken
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Ironken »

gcoulter wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:44 am Thanks for the reply! I'll definitely check it out!
Great! I think you'll like it.
SegoMan DeSigns
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by SegoMan DeSigns »

Here you go guys, search away and download the MSDS for your products:

https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/search/
cccmcclure
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by cccmcclure »

Haven't tried green cut. Did initially try the quench formula, was okay for a bit then started flash rusting everything, also left terrible marks on aluminum and S.S. Been using KCI Plasma Green 9010 for a few years which worked well, only minor white marks if left on aluminum overnight. Then our production probably tripled and our operator let the table go a little too long between water changes and our table smelled like a sewer. Spent a few days cleaning it out, actually found out we have a metal sandbar going on inside that we couldn't fully flush out. Now our solution starts green, turns a little orange and then black and quickly develops a sewer smell. Being that we are a 600 gallon table this is getting old. Looking at pulling the trigger on this stuff: STERLINGCOOL-PLASMACUT (PREMIUM PLASMA COOLANT)
https://www.cuttingfluidsdirect.com/pro ... 3518419044
Has anyone tried this yet?
spoolnms
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by spoolnms »

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0754 ... UTF8&psc=1

Used this for a few months now, works great.
Plasma Green Mark
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Plasma Green Mark »

cccmcclure wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:54 pm Haven't tried green cut. Did initially try the quench formula, was okay for a bit then started flash rusting everything, also left terrible marks on aluminum and S.S. Been using KCI Plasma Green 9010 for a few years which worked well, only minor white marks if left on aluminum overnight. Then our production probably tripled and our operator let the table go a little too long between water changes and our table smelled like a sewer. Spent a few days cleaning it out, actually found out we have a metal sandbar going on inside that we couldn't fully flush out. Now our solution starts green, turns a little orange and then black and quickly develops a sewer smell. Being that we are a 600 gallon table this is getting old. Looking at pulling the trigger on this stuff: STERLINGCOOL-PLASMACUT (PREMIUM PLASMA COOLANT)
https://www.cuttingfluidsdirect.com/pro ... 3518419044
Has anyone tried this yet?
Thanks for being a long time user of our Plasma Green 9010! The PG 9010 is formulated to not leave a deposit at recommended concentration (5% by volume), and is 100% non reactive to aluminum. It will, however, leave a deposit at high concentration, due to the solids in the formula. We also have a product called Plasma Pink 4001, which is a different chemistry and also 100% non reactive with aluminum. At 5% by vol, your pH should be no higher than 9.5. Regarding the bacteria growth, if the concentration goes below 5%, and bacteria starts to grow, no additive will kill biological growth once it's established. You'll need to do a thorough clean out, and a sanitization is recommended. Please contact me, and I would be happy to help you get your table back on it's feet.
c_rossman
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by c_rossman »

Return to “Water Tables, Ventilation, Air Handling”