Industrial Vent Hood System

All topics related to smoke evacuation, ventilation, and water tables.
RTD Fab
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Industrial Vent Hood System

Post by RTD Fab »

Anyone have a recommendation on a industrial vent hood and system for a 5x10 table?

I know it can be designed and built but the place its being installed requires a Industrial built system over DIY for legal issues. STATE GOVERNMENT LOL

THANKS
tnttracy
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: Industrial Vent Hood System

Post by tnttracy »

the term 'industrial' is obviously defined by your state law differently than by the dictionary. any tool used in 'industry' is by definition 'industrial' .

if you want an answer to the question you'll need to provide more adequate information. what about DIY isn't industrial? my DIY table has seen well over 100k lbs of material. more than many other tables in my local industry. therefore both industrial and DIY

i recommend you DIY a hood that meets the industry legal standards.
djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by djreiswig »

I'm guessing by industrial he means fabricated by an outside entity and not by the state employees.
I would contact a local sheet metal contractor.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
robertspark

Post by robertspark »

I would suggest (although not being American but an engineer in another country) that what you are actually looking for is a LEV (local exhaust ventilation) system that is designed by a PE (state certified Professional Engineer).

I don't think you will get a ventilation system off the shelf... As it would need to be designed for or come with the table.... Which means it would therefore need to be designed .... And designed by a competent / recognised person... A Professional Engineer..... And to be a PE you need to be State Certified

All systems would be fabricated by someone... The difference is that this one needs to actually be designed by someone who is a Professional Engineer...

I would suggest making contact with the local chapter of ASHRE to see if they could give you some advice as to who may be a PE who does LEV in Accordance with the ACGIH (American Conference of Government Industrial Hygienists)

https://www.ashrae.org/communities/chap ... e-chapters

https://www.acgih.org

Return to “Water Tables, Ventilation, Air Handling”