Cheaper welding tables -- any good?

All topics related to fab & weld tables, grind stations, material handling & storage, etc.
caretech
1.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Cheaper welding tables -- any good?

Post by caretech »

I've run across these welding tables on Kijiji from a seller with a rather strange name: http://www.enjoy-sound.com/ Name sounds pretty made-in-China, I'd say.

Anyone here have experience with tables from Enjoy Sound? Do you enjoy them and are they sound? lol

Here is an example of a Kijiji ad. https://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-business- ... ?undefined
Shop-built 5x10 table powered by QtPlasmaC
Hypertherm PM 85 machine torch
Lincoln PowerMig 255C
Lincoln Square Wave Tig 255
Ermak SpeedBend Pro
Plasma-art
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Cheaper welding tables -- any good?

Post by Plasma-art »

My browser does not like the website for some reason.
The website footer speaks for itself. :HaHa
Screenshot_20221230-092916_Chrome.jpg
Doesn't mean it's a bad table but I wouldn't just order one online.
Also looks like it's only metric tables available.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

Checked it out and they look great, always wanted one of these. Website seems safe to visit but without the https header I wouldn't be providing any credit card info.
cutnweld
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by cutnweld »

As always with kijijijijijijjjjijijiijijijijiiiiji, go in person, never send money without seeing the product or you will be poor as a mouse in a few months, its full of scams as well as deals.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

these guy have a end of the year sale, I have one of their smaller table works great.
https://weldtables.com/?utm_source=Klav ... Qs3.V6urS5
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
caretech

Post by caretech »

Thanks for the replies. Yeah I noticed that those folks sell in metric only. Thanks for the weltables.com referral, acourtjester.

Any table thickness recommendations or considerations? What's a good tradeoff between the thick and rigid (and obviously heavy) tables that cost more, and the cheaper, thinner options? I suppose it makes a difference what you need the table for... as an example, I have a job coming up where I need to fab several heavy duty carts from 3" x 3/16 wall square tube. Want to set up a jig for this; tired of manually measuring everything for repeat jobs.
Shop-built 5x10 table powered by QtPlasmaC
Hypertherm PM 85 machine torch
Lincoln PowerMig 255C
Lincoln Square Wave Tig 255
Ermak SpeedBend Pro
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

caretech wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:01 am Thanks for the replies. Yeah I noticed that those folks sell in metric only. Thanks for the weltables.com referral, acourtjester.

Any table thickness recommendations or considerations? What's a good tradeoff between the thick and rigid (and obviously heavy) tables that cost more, and the cheaper, thinner options? I suppose it makes a difference what you need the table for... as an example, I have a job coming up where I need to fab several heavy duty carts from 3" x 3/16 wall square tube. Want to set up a jig for this; tired of manually measuring everything for repeat jobs.
I think whatever you can afford that fits into your work space. It could be as simple as a sheet of flat plywood covered with sheet metal. The key thing is "flat". My "welding table" is a piece of scrap steel acquired from the local steel supplier close to 40 years ago. It is about 32" wide x 6 ft. long x 1" thick tack welded to a angle iron frame with thick wall legs. This was a remnant they had (cutoff) from a much larger piece. I did take my 4 ft. straight edge with me and checked it to make sure it was flat before purchase. I seem to remember paying around $235 or so at the time.

David
welding table.jpg
welding table 1.jpg
welding table 2.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Return to “Fab Tables, Grind Stations, Material Storage & Handling”