Sheet Metal Trolly / Dolly

All topics related to fab & weld tables, grind stations, material handling & storage, etc.
Copp3r
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Sheet Metal Trolly / Dolly

Post by Copp3r »

Hey Guys !!!

Up until now I've kept my sheet metal off to on side of the shop and I'm now debating making some form of a trolly / dolly that can stack various sizes of 4x8 on edge. (say 10,12, 14, 16 & 18 Gauge)

Just wondering what if anything is being used out there? I've got a couple of ideas but why re-invent the wheel is someone has a working model.

Any pics / input would be GREATLY appreciated !!!

Cheers,

Copp3r / roger
jmsrbrt
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Sheet Metal Trolly / Dolly

Post by jmsrbrt »

I think this has been a topic of conversation in the past, but to answer your question, I have made and use a rack to hold my steel on edge. Think of a letter holder you might have on your desk. There is the base, and uprights. Between the left and right uprights, is your steel. I use an engine hoist to select one sheet, then move it to my table. Bob.
Torchmate 2 with ATHC & Water table
Corel 12, Turbo Cad
TD Cutmaster 51
San Marcos, Texas
Marty
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Marty »

here is a link to discussion on the topic. my vert rack has no problem holding 15+ sheets of mixed (10-14 ga)

http://plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=8416
Ignition Metal Art Design

Give a man a fish and you have taught him where to come for a fish; Teach him to use Google and the Search Engine on Plasma Spider and he will be able to learn more than you could ever teach him yourself
Copp3r

Post by Copp3r »

thanks for the link !!!!! Looks like I was thinking along the same basic lines ....

Cheers...

Copp3r / roger

Return to “Fab Tables, Grind Stations, Material Storage & Handling”