High School Welding Instructor

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
Mr Yuk
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

High School Welding Instructor

Post by Mr Yuk »

Hello everybody,

I've recently become a welding instructor at a high school and have a Torchmate 4x4 with a Thermal Dynamics plasma cutter attached to it in my shop. I'm hoping to get some tips on the best methods for using and maintaining the new toy I have access to. I look forward to learning a lot from all of you.

Thank you
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: High School Welding Instructor

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome aboard, many file for download here and question answered just post then in the correct section (software, table operation, of drawing help). You can use the search function in the upper right for a quick look too.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Mr Yuk
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Mr Yuk »

acourtjester wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:46 pm Welcome aboard, many file for download here and question answered just post then in the correct section (software, table operation, of drawing help). You can use the search function in the upper right for a quick look too.
Right on. Thank you, Court Jester. I'll take a look around.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Welcome to the forum! This is a great place to learn new techniques, table specific information, as well as drawing/programming tips - plus lots of drawing files ready to cut. What software are you planning on using for designing your projects? Many here use Inkscape for drawing and Sheetcam for producing the cut paths. Inkscape is free and Sheetcam is very reasonably priced (and free to try). What sort of projects do you plan to do with your new toy? Since you have your cnc plasma plus you welding/fabrication setup - the sky is pretty much the limit! Good luck and hope to see some of your projects you and your students make.
David

Return to “Introduce Yourself”