Hello from Puerto Vallarta Mexico.

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
ruggedrobin
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Hello from Puerto Vallarta Mexico.

Post by ruggedrobin »

Hello everyone I´m Robert from Mexico, been reading here for a while but didn´t post. I make bumpers and accessories for jeeps, toyos, etc. Started out as a hobby, and now is all I do.
As many others I was having a problem with my plasma cutter, so I decided to see if anyone here have had the same problem, I have a hypertherm 85 matched to a a Chinese cnc. I´ll keep looking around . By the way great forum. Thanks.
robertspark
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hello from Puerto Vallarta Mexico.

Post by robertspark »

welcome

have you still got the problem, if so please provide details of your Chinese setup (manufacturers, model reference etc) and the problem
ruggedrobin
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by ruggedrobin »

thanks for your reply, yes I still have the problem, I have a cnc table with a start shaphone shhc 30 microcontroller, I bought the whole system from a company in Guadalajara Mex, so I didn´t have any problems with the setup. over the years I have learned the machine pretty well, anyway my problem is with the Hypertherm power max 85.
I know the problem started when my compressor leaked oil into the air system, but by the time I realized this the oil had already gone into the plasma cutter. I read here from a couple of guys that had the same problem (I can´t find the thread) it is the solenoid or valve, or port that´s after the filter in the plasma cutter, smc vex 1133-02nl x259. I know in the thread I read Jim Colt chimed in , but he didn´t understand what they were talking about. Seems to be an electronic valve that opens and closes almost at the same time, for some reason is not closing and lets the air out on one side. It does seem that if I can clean that up well it would work again, as I got it to work a little bit by tapping into it.
I know the suggestion would probably be to send it to a Hypertherm dealer to fix it, I´m in a remote location ad things would take a long time to do that. any other suggestions or knowledge would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
robertspark

Post by robertspark »

the powermax 65 85 and 105 has an electronic air regulator which is a proportional control valve (think of it as a tapered needle valve that matches the seat of the valve) so that it allows air to flow when the needle is retracted

I would not know how to take it apart but you probably also want to inspect and clean the air pressure sensor as it too may have been contaminated with oil

https://www.smcpneumatics.com/VEX1133-02N-X259.html

https://www.smcpneumatics.com/pdfs/vex.pdf
ruggedrobin
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by ruggedrobin »

thanks, I´m going to try and clean the valve and see what happens.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”