Hello from Ohio!

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
Aaron Swaney
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Hello from Ohio!

Post by Aaron Swaney »

Hello everybody,
I am new to plasma cutting. I am currently a machine shop supervisor at my work running all HAAS CNC machines. I am looking at getting into cnc plasma cutting machines as a hobby out of my garage. With so many different brands of machine tables and plasma cutters, can anyone give any advice on the good, the bad, and the ugly of different machines? I started looking at getting the Lincoln Electric Torchmate machine but am now leaning towards the PlasmaCam machine with a Hypertherm cutter. Any and all help is appreciated! Looking forward to starting this endeavor!
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hello from Ohio!

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome aboard big yer on Hypertherm plasma cutter, Many brands listed in the table section here you look over info there and some other post about other tables. Cannot help there as I am a DIY guy (built my own) like other here. You can use the private message function if you want to contact a user of a table you are looking at for direct questions.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
MakoInParis
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: Hello from Ohio!

Post by MakoInParis »

Hey,

I just picked up a « Swifty 600 2ft x 2ft » équipt with a hypertherm 45xp. They make a 4ft by 4ft table as well.

I « design for » and « operate » 3-axis cnc, laser cutters and 3D printers; this is my first experience with plasma.

The experience has been great, the machine is quality. The total setup on the torch and electrical was fairly straight forward and we were cutting 1,2,3,10mm steel with very little effort.

For a garage installation it would be perfect. The noise is acceptable (85dB) with a quiet compressor. The machine does huff smoke but with good ventilation or a solid welding fume extractor it is manageable.

I would recommended. 4.5 stars

Return to “Introduce Yourself”