NE Tennessee Welding Teacher

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
Weldint
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

NE Tennessee Welding Teacher

Post by Weldint »

Hello,
I'm blessed with getting to teach HS students some welding. Just started a few months back with 40 years in the welding industry.
Our shop has a Tracker CNC machine that I have started playing with and I hope to get some ideas on a few was to get some students thinking, learning, and enjoying.

Have a great day from Greeneville TN.
plasmanewbie
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: NE Tennessee Welding Teacher

Post by plasmanewbie »

Welcome to the site. CNC plasma tables are an easy way to get HS kids excited about working in the shop. Have fun!
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

A few things to get the juices flowing would be Monograms front door plaques, ovals with family names and established date (wedding date).
Or other family related signs, plaques, and wall hangers for the students to take home. Like look what I did a school today.
Use the search function at the upper right to look for different things.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
ben de lappe
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by ben de lappe »

Hello and welcome!

My sons loved working in the shop. Making things and learning to weld interested them and as they learned they put their newly acquired skills to work making swords, knives and other implements of doom with which to handily dispatch any foe. Probably not what you'd want want your students making however you find what's 'cool' to them you'll likely be amazed at how quick they catch on to this stuff.

Oh, beautiful part of the country you're in. I pass right by Greenville on my way to Boone, NC. where a cousin of mine has a mountain home at Hound Ears Golf Club and is gracious enough to allow me to stay for a while if I ever do manage to get away.
Weldint
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Weldint »

Thanks for all the responses. I have used our machine to process sheets into small pieces for welding practice and it's been great.
I'm going to get a few students at a time introduced to seeing it up and operating it.

I'm more about the welding than the fabricating but something that makes fabrication of parts faster gives me a different outlook.

Gonna look around here some and get a few questions answered.

Y'all have a great day!
ctgolfer1
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by ctgolfer1 »

You sir as a HS welding teachers is helping America in a great way.
Every kid should be exposed to welding/metal fab and other trades so they can find their passion in life.

Thank you for helping the USA.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”