NEWBIE FROM MICHIGAN/ FUTURE DELUSIONAL DESIGNS OWNER

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
PlasmaChase
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

NEWBIE FROM MICHIGAN/ FUTURE DELUSIONAL DESIGNS OWNER

Post by PlasmaChase »

Hello everyone, I'm eager to join the cnc plasma community. I'm still waiting on my table to show up. I purchased a 4x8 delusional designs freedom series table back in May. I was told 6-8 week lead time, and were now approaching 8 months later and still no table. I will be pairing it with my Powermax 85. I'm fairly intimidated by the learning curve that will come with this table. I'm a machinist by trade, so i have cnc experience with cnc mills and lathes. Hopefully some of that knowledge will help me in the cnc plasma world. I have watched a fair share of youtube videos, but if anyone could point me in the direction of some helpful tutorials on how to actually operate the table, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, trying to decide on what to use to treat my water table, I see alot of guys saying Borax as its a cheap alternative to many plasma fluids. What are your thoughts?
plasmanewbie
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: NEWBIE FROM MICHIGAN/ FUTURE DELUSIONAL DESIGNS OWNER

Post by plasmanewbie »

Welcome! Your machining background will help but the plasma cutting aspect of things may take a little while to get dialed in. Best of luck and hopefully you get your table soon.
TrinityFabworks
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by TrinityFabworks »

Welcome, where in Michigan are you from? Have you heard anymore from them on when your table should arrive?
PlasmaChase
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by PlasmaChase »

I'm in Midland, Michigan. I have not heard anymore, I have been ignored the last couple times I have tried to contact them for an update. For months now they have made false promises saying my table was nearly complete and would be delivered soon, but they never come through. I'm really starting to wish I would have spent more money and went with a more reputable company. 8 months and counting is a bit rediculous when I had to pay everything up front. I'm about ready to see if I can get my money back and go elsewhere.
Scratch
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Scratch »

I haven't heard good things about those tables... If you think there is a possibility of getting your money back still, I would.
I think I'm the oldest 10 year old boy on the forum...
Walther Ut.
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Walther Ut. »

If you can, cancel the order.. I've been there & done that with DD. It's definitely not worth the aggravation. I was told via there website 7-10 day turnaround. That didn't pan out it was more like 10 weeks. I had to call weekly to request a ship date.
TD Cut Master 52
TD Automation kit
Sl100 Machine Torch

ESAB Rebel 215 EMP
DD 4'x4' Freedom Series Table ( In Progress )

Inkscape, Sheetcam, UGS / Grbl
petrochemmetals
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by petrochemmetals »

Dear Newbie from Michigan, We have a DD 4x 8 table and Powermax 85 plasma. We are new to using the machine and don't have your cnc experience. We have cut some items however its taken time to dial it in. Learning settings is difficult. The hypertherm lit is a guide but still learning. Maybe we can help each other in this process. Good luck and happy cutting

Return to “Introduce Yourself”