NFG from Roswell, GA

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
jproberts
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

NFG from Roswell, GA

Post by jproberts »

Hi Guys,

New member here, joined the forum as part of the information gathering process to decide whether to purchase or build a table. I'm an artist who mainly creates metal sculpture and does some light fabrication. That being said, I've got all the basic metal fab tools (plasma cutter, mig welder, drill press, etc.). Will need a table for light to medium industrial use but before I pull the trigger on a $15K JD2 table I want to weigh options. Looking forward to doing a lot of research on this forum.
robertspark
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: NFG from Roswell, GA

Post by robertspark »

Welcome, being biased.... Suggest to build your own if you have time and you don't need it now

A user called acourtjester has plans available that may be worth a look to at least consider.... Even if you rule it out as an option....

You get to know your machine buy building it yourself so that if and when it doesn't work like you would want it to you have an idea of where to look
jproberts
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by jproberts »

That's what I'm thinking. My Powermax will accept a machine torch and I can vent it through the back of my paint booth...and I'm a cheap bastard. It seems that motion control, servos, etc. have become very affordable.
ben de lappe
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by ben de lappe »

Welcome! Ditto what robertspark said. Especially the part concerning acourtjester, he teaches me something every time I talk with him. He really enjoys working with and helping people. All round awesome guy. :Like
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

giphy.gif
giphy.gif (3.48 MiB) Viewed 355 times
Thanks guys, just love building things, here to help :Yay
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder