New to the group

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
K.Mac
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

New to the group

Post by K.Mac »

Hello everyone new to the group. Some amazing work everyone has done on here. Just bought a used fascut machine G5 works pretty good getting use to everything, all new to me. I’m cutting parts out for a customer now that sends me AutoCAD drawings. My question is what program be best for me to use for nesting parts and also the parts he sends me to add the lead ins and also compensate for the Kurf. As of right now every drawing I get I have to offset the parts to compensate for kurf and also add lead in. This take quite a bit of time for me. Just wondering what would be best for me. Plasmacam? Or Mach3 controller? All new to me just seeing what you guys feel would work best. I do also do some art stuff but 80 percent of my work I get AutoCAD drawings of just flanges ect. Easy to use program be nice.

Thanks in advance.
djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New to the group

Post by djreiswig »

SheetCam will do nesting and kerf offsets and it's easy to use. I'm sure Les can come up with a post processor for your system.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
K.Mac
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by K.Mac »

Thanks for the reply. Really green to this post processor what is that sorry?
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

Some table require software that is needed to communicate with table's electronics, many manufactures use customized software. This the reason for post processors when using SheetCam one of the last steps is to convert the work done there to setup the correct G-code for the table you are using. It automatically does all the calculations for cutting positioning for the table to move and execute the different functions. Some table use a generic post processor from Mach.
Here is where to find it in SheetCam
fast.jpg
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “Introduce Yourself”