Welcome from Michigan

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
blakeforslund
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Welcome from Michigan

Post by blakeforslund »

Good morning, I purchased a small table almost a year ago with the intent on learning how CNC/CAD work, with the additional benefit of making odds and ends as needed. The vision is to expand on my fabrication abilities for vehicles, as well as maybe making some of my own tools a bit easier.
I have the table working good enough for me (need to work on angle of cut a bit and verify accuracy), but definitely lacking in the comfortable/quick design in CAD (currently playing with fusion360). Hoping to spend some time in the future w/ the table and make a brake for my shop press, and a tubing bender.
Any other fun to build tools that would be handy around the shop?
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Welcome from Michigan

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome aboard, from some of the posts here Fusion 360 does not lend itself well for Plasma work, I have not used it myself.
there are some free CAD programs out there like QCAD, but with all software you will need to learn it. You can use the search function at the upper right to find post about some toll shown here to get started. CNC Plasma is a great help when designing or fabricating custom tools. :Yay
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “Introduce Yourself”