Noob with a soon to be diy table

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
_jay_
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Noob with a soon to be diy table

Post by _jay_ »

Hello there,

I'm new to the plasma cutting CNC world, building my own right now based on an old laser cutter frame, 4x5.
Already got the brains Mesa 7i96 + Thcad, with LinuxCNC + PlasmaC + sheetcam, using Librecad for drawing 2D.

Found loads of info here and decided to joins and stop lurking from the depths of the internet.
plasmanewbie
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Noob with a soon to be diy table

Post by plasmanewbie »

Welcome to the site, sounds like an interesting build. Post up some pics if you get a chance :Like
_jay_
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by _jay_ »

Hi tnx for the welcome

Well, i'll be sarting with this old twin tube laser cutter, keeping the frame, adding a water bed, swapping the rails as those are all rusty and a bigger gantry made of extruded profile 120x60mm

I got the MESA 7i96 in the mail yesterday, so i can start installing LinuxCNC and start messing with it :)

And for " curiosity" i need to try to power up the lasers, the guy who gave me this said the 80w was never used so it should be in good condition and 150w failed, maybe the HV power supply

If they still work i might make a small cnc laser engraver or even a cutter with the 150w
plasmanewbie

Post by plasmanewbie »

That's pretty cool, those co2 lasers are pretty simple so I expect you will be able to get it running. Mirrors are a bastard to to get and keep dialed in but if you can get it going that would be pretty cool.
_jay_
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by _jay_ »

ATM the priority is the plasma CNC :) but i'll give a shot to those lasers :)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”