New Guy PlasmaCam 4X4 Joe Fry

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
Joe78368
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

New Guy PlasmaCam 4X4 Joe Fry

Post by Joe78368 »

I just bought my first machine, a PlasmaCam 4x4. I have done a lot of research, and have my table about 90% assembled. Ended up having a total knee replacement last week when i was about to finish the assembly of my machine. Now it looks Like I have some couch time to learn some stuff prior to jumping in with both feet. I bought an extra seat and put it on my laptop to play with inside the house. I also bought advanced software, AHC, Router kit came with it. I bought a router attachment from John Derby, its in the package out by the partially assembled machine. I also bought the nesting software. Now I am searching for things to do. I am in between thoughts right now. I am excited to jump into metal, however I and also considering doing wood first until I can figure out how to build this downdraft table for my machine. I have met a couple of great guys on Facebook that have been giving me some direction. This community of guys and gals seem to be really great and helpful. I look forward to visiting with more folks to learn while I am laid up.
Rex
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New Guy PlasmaCam 4X4 Joe Fry

Post by Rex »

Welcome
lots of good youtube on plasmacam
REX
plasmacam 4x8 with DHC2 with Design Edge
Hypertherm 65
Joe78368
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Joe78368 »

Rex, Thank you. I have been watching ones I come across, if there is one in particular you think I should watch please don't hesitate to let me know.
Rex

Post by Rex »

Learn Plasmacam and Joe Jones have some good stuff if you haven't found them yet.
Start with try to always use your snaps
plasmacam 4x8 with DHC2 with Design Edge
Hypertherm 65
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by rdj357 »

Welcome to the fun Joe! Hope the knee makes a great recovery and you're up and going quickly!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”