New to metal working

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
CapnStabn
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

New to metal working

Post by CapnStabn »

Hello all,
I'm new to metal working and have been skulking around the site for a while now. I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a CNC plasma cutter and some accessories. I have done woodworking for the past decade or so which I have been fairly decent at. I've been able to include a CNC mill and CNC lathe into my workings, so I'm not a stranger to the concept. The accessories and finishing are where I'm a novice. I hope to learn more from this site now that I'm a member.

Nic
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New to metal working

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome abroad Nic
Questions answered freely, just make them clear so the person answering understands, remote troubleshooting need info to help.
If you are buying a table check here as there have been members that have had bad situations, you can search by using the search function in the upper right. There also is a category for for the more standard table on the site. There are many business type and many DIY/hobbyist types and many use their table for different concepts, (routing, diamond scribe, drag knife, ect).
Let the fun begin.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “Introduce Yourself”