Hello all, need recommendations

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
shelbygrinders
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Hello all, need recommendations

Post by shelbygrinders »

Hello everyone,

My name is Andrew. I own a small fabrication shop in Shelby, Ohio. Looking to purchase a cnc plasma table and honestly, I can't for the life of me, find much information about them online barring someone upset over their purchase. Never heard of Plasmaspider but this place seems to be the kitty-kat's meow of cnc tables so I decided to register.

Any and all recommendations, experiences with your table et cetera would be greatly appreciated. I have a budget of around 10k. So far been looking at Wrightcnc, Sparx and (Avidcnc: formerly known as cnc router parts).

We make cool stuff here, like 2x72" belt grinders, power hammers, propane and coal forges, presses, custom trailers and any and everything people bring us pretty much. Appreciate any direction with this and I'm thankful to have found this place.

Andrew
Shelby Grinders
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hello all, need recommendations

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome aboard, sounds like your needed a Plasma table for some time. There is a section here for table manufactures for many of the well known tables, you should be able to see how each owner rates their table to help with a selection. There are a few to not look at and there are posts saying why, Many are due to time deliveries and bad communications after payments made. The search function in the upper right will help to see some of the posts about different things.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
cutnweld
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by cutnweld »

Sounds like like you are all set up to build your own! Its a journey but well worth the effort. CandCNC and Flashcut CNC make control packages...
5X10 Shop built table
20x80x32 inch gap lathe
10x40 lathe
10x54 milling machine
2-Miller 255
Miller XMT350MPA
Lincoln squarewave tig 255
12 Ft Durma Brake
TJS
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by TJS »

I look back at my build and so glad I did it. Difficult at times cause of the unknown. However many are here to help and give ideas. I have my build in my sig. I do not have a reduction belt drive set up and have been using it this way for over a year. My resolution on my cuts in very good as well. However I may in the future make my own reduction plates.
shelbygrinders
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by shelbygrinders »

Thanks a million for all your responses everyone. TJS, your table build is simply amazing. I may have to rethink buying one now after seeing what you've accomplished with yours. Very inspirational.
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

If you check there are many DIY table builders here, there is a lot to be gained building your own, saving money is just one. If you look below many posts you will see who has a DIY table. I have built a few myself and help many others build their own, In 2 sizes some more than just Plasma. Do some research.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “Introduce Yourself”