19 y/o helping dad with small family business

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
EduardCNC
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

19 y/o helping dad with small family business

Post by EduardCNC »

Hello and greetings from Romania!
Firstly I will state that english is not my first language, so please excuse any mistakes I’ll make in the future posts. Secondly, I should introduce myself : as the title says, I am a 19 y/o currently studying political science at the University of Bucharest ( will probably pick an economics major ), working part time as a shop assistant and another “part time” in my dad’s workshop trying to learn his newly bought CNC machine, so naturally I ended up here looking for advice. Altough I already made my first post, I decided to introduce myself as well since I really like this small community and I really hope I can be a part of it. Both me and my dad are novices in working with cnc machines ( tho my dad worked all his life with metal sheets, fasteners, welding etc.) so expect a fair amount of questions here 🤣.
Jokes aside, I am really happy that I found this forum and I really hope that one day I could use the knowledge gathered from here to help other small entrepreneurs like me and my father. Thank you all!
Last edited by EduardCNC on Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robertspark
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: 19 y/o helping dad with small family business

Post by robertspark »

welcome and enjoy (from the UK), a wealth of info and very knowledgeable users on here, fill your boots with as much information as you can find.

the tech tips section is very useful with many nuggets of information.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: 19 y/o helping dad with small family business

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome aboard Good start finding a place to ask questions, a varied group from many different locations and happy to help. We all started out about were you are and learned from other here, somethings you may find using the search function in the upper right. when you have a question it may help if you have images that would help show what you are looking for.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “Introduce Yourself”