New from Kansas

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
Bushwickbill
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

New from Kansas

Post by Bushwickbill »

Hello my name is Kyle and I found the forum while searching for plasma cutting information and dxf files. I recently got a small plasma table and have quickly found the limitations on its size.

I used to do alot of side work doing air ride chassis suspension and fabrication but have grown tired of it and pretty burned out. I always wanted to get into cnc plasma cutting and now I am here.

My table like many others is the Langmiur crossfire with the XL kit and water table. Hobart 27i for the plasma and currently doing my designing in Fusion 360.

I do have a question on the file sharing portion of this forum and I do plan to pay and get access, there is a lot of great stuff in there. But my next question is how is it viewed to used others files to help with customer requests? i could see how this could be a touchy subject and sure there has been controversy in the past I just dont want to step out of line if I do happen to use a file for a customers request.

Thanks, Kyle
djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New from Kansas

Post by djreiswig »

Welcome. You'll have a blast with you new toy.
It is my understanding that the files that are generously shared on this site are free to be used to create anything you want, and edit and modify as you see fit.
One thing I know is frowned upon is selling the files that you received from here. There have been people in the past that have advertised the contributed files (dxf's) on their sites for sale as their own work. That is the actual file, not a metal project cut on your machine using a downloaded file. I don't believe this is fair to the original artist.
Happy cutting.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
Bushwickbill
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Bushwickbill »

I guess I didn't even think about it from that point of view but yes I definitely would feel taken advantage of if someone sold my dxf as their own.
Bushwickbill
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Bushwickbill »

By the way here is a rear suspension setup i did a few years back. Though i was something special with that dimple die haha. could have made it better and in less time with the plasma table.
Attachments
20140325_191300.jpg
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

And once you get a design, you can turn out 100 of something really quickly and all exactly the same. That's what I like.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome aboard, there are 2 categories on the site one is "clipart file sharing" this is for those that want to share to post images and files. The other is "Project Picture Gallery" this is where members share what they have done for inspiration to others. IMHO.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
bryantar74
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by bryantar74 »