New to cnc plasma and new member here!

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
DustyShop
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

New to cnc plasma and new member here!

Post by DustyShop »

Hey everyone, happy to have found this site! I am just getting started with a tracker cnc 4x4 table with powermax45xp. Up to this point I have been very successful at taking perfectly good material and turning it into scrap :HaHa No fault of the equipment, just my lack of cnc experience. Saw the easyscriber tool here and ordered one today! Pretty excited! I think it will be great to practice creating designs and scribe them, I will waste no material and be able to practice getting comfortable with the machine operation. Anyway, thanks for having me and wish me luck!
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New to cnc plasma and new member here!

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome aboard, making scrap has happened to us all :HaHa
Here is a video showing a procedure you can use the easy scribe for on future projects if you use Inkscape.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
robertspark
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New to cnc plasma and new member here!

Post by robertspark »

scrap is a common output of cnc..... given its so easy + fast to run off a post processor and get the machine to cut out a prototype ..... hence why I try to use "cheaper" materials ..... like a cheapo laser diode and paper / cardboard..... or a sharpie marker and paper / cardboard.... of 3d printer.... before committing to the expensive materials.... measure twice.... cut once

Welcome and enjoy it's all part of the learning experience, and a good education always costs money one way or another even if it's just an off cuts pile until you dial it in / get use to it.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”