Hi from husband and wife in canada

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
Grantbonk
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Hi from husband and wife in canada

Post by Grantbonk »

Hi, my husband is a welder by trade and recently bought a used plasma table and started his own business making things and quit the job he hated at the beginning of the month to pursue this new career.

I'm the one advertising and taking most orders and dealing with the customers. He would like me to also learn how to make the designs and stuff but I have no idea where to start learning any of it, so any tips of where to start would be awesome! I would like to be able to take an image from google or wherever and know how to trace and make it into something usable.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hi from husband and wife in canada

Post by acourtjester »

Hi And welcome aboard both of you. I would suggest you download and Install Inkscape, It is a very powerful art type program. There are so many tutorials on YouTube to help you learn how to do things. if you are computer savvy and you send me your email address using s private message here (non-yahoo) I will send you a link for the Google drive where I have lots of tutorials for Inkscape. Also you can used the search function in the upper right to look here for info too. There is a large section about Inkscape here. You will be pleased on how easy it is to do what you are wanting.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Grantbonk
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Grantbonk »

thanks acourtjester I think I have sent you a private message
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

acourtjester wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 9:07 pm Hi And welcome aboard both of you. I would suggest you download and Install Inkscape, It is a very powerful art type program. There are so many tutorials on YouTube to help you learn how to do things. if you are computer savvy and you send me your email address using s private message here (non-yahoo) I will send you a link for the Google drive where I have lots of tutorials for Inkscape. Also you can used the search function in the upper right to look here for info too. There is a large section about Inkscape here. You will be pleased on how easy it is to do what you are wanting.
:Like :Like :Like :Like :Like

Return to “Introduce Yourself”