Always looking to learn

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
widthtimesheight
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Always looking to learn

Post by widthtimesheight »

Hello,
I've been in the Plasma business for over 5 years now. I do all of the plasma work for the biggest wrought iron company in Las Vegas Nevada.
The machines I use is a HT Max Pro 200, with an Axis Universal 9' x 13' water table.
Phoenix Software
Handheld HT 45xp
I do 95% of my drawing in Adobe Illustrator. When I was given this job I was shown how to turn the machine on and change consumables.
I was also shown a stack of manuals. I was 55 years old and was lucky to send an E mail and get it right.
I had taken an Auto Cad class for 6 months, a couple of years before this. I loved the drawing part of it and when given the chance
wanted to run that machine. I started learning to use Adobe Illustrator. Thank God for the Pen tool. I've had some problems with the
machine that took a little longer to figure out than it should have, But that's mostly my fault for being a person who likes to figure it out
on my own. I always seem to put to much detail into my drawings. At first it was just not knowing. Now its easier to draw it and then get rid of
the stuff that doesn't work. I work 9 to whatever hours a day doing another 2 to whatever hours at home drawing . I've cut thousands of drawings. Our moto is you think it we can make it so a lot of the stuff I draw is from photos. Google silhouettes images are a huge plus also. Pinterest is another one of my favorites. The company I work for allows me to live on property which to some might be to much but I love doing what I do. Wouldn't want it any other way. Well thanks for letting me check out your forum. Just reading a little today has got me thinking and learning. Thanks
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Always looking to learn

Post by adbuch »

Welcome aboard! It sounds like you are really enjoying your work and have come a long way in the last 5 years. When you get time, perhaps you can share some photos of your setup and some of your work.
Thanks,
David
acourtjester

Re: Always looking to learn

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome aboard, you bring the old saying " if you want to do it you can". Each of use approach things or our work slightly differently to succeed. One thing for sure is you can enjoy what you do, your case shows you can learn new things. This site helps many learn and understand CNC plasma operations for both fun and profit. Sounds like your company is happy they turned you lose and have profited from it. :Yay :Like
It would be nice to see some images of your interesting project, not the drawing as the company as a vested interest. :HaHa
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “Introduce Yourself”