Newbie here in Texas

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
jyeffy
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Newbie here in Texas

Post by jyeffy »

Hello, I just got registered and I am looking forward to learning and hopefully sharing on this site. I have recently retired and have purchased a ShopSabre Sidekick 10 that I am using in a small fab shop with the intent to produce some custom grills and smokers as well as some small fab work for some local (or not local :)) companies. I am a welder by trade and hope to use those skills and learn to use the plasma to expand my capabilities. Again, looking forward to the wealth of knowledge that is here and looking forward to getting going. Thanks.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Newbie here in Texas

Post by adbuch »

Welcome aboard! ShopSabre makes some great cutting tables for sure. What plasma cutter did you purchase? You welding and other fabrication skills will serve you well with your new cnc venture. What cad/cam software are you using? Inkscape and Fusion 360 are both very popular for cad and cad/cam, and many also use Sheetcam for their cam to create tool paths. There are many great cut files here, so use the search tool to find anything you might be looking for.
David
djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by djreiswig »

And don't forget to contribute, so you are able to download anything you may find.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

djreiswig wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:09 pm And don't forget to contribute, so you are able to download anything you may find.
:Like :Like :Like :Like
jyeffy
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by jyeffy »

Thanks for the welcome David. I am currently using Enroute and PronestLT for design and plasma path generation. I am still learning on the design side for sure and hope to become more proficient as I spend more time getting comfortable with these two software packages. I read that a lot of folks like Inkscape and Fusion 360 so I might give those a look too but for now trying to get comfortable with the Enroute and PronestLT which came with the machine. At this point I have nothing but great things to say about ShopSabre as they have been 100% responsive and helpful with anything I ask of them so super happy with them.

djeiswig, I will definitely contribute to the best of my ability and I look forward to participating and sharing. Thanks for the welcome and feedback.

Jeff
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

jyeffy wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:54 am Thanks for the welcome David. I am currently using Enroute and PronestLT for design and plasma path generation. I am still learning on the design side for sure and hope to become more proficient as I spend more time getting comfortable with these two software packages. I read that a lot of folks like Inkscape and Fusion 360 so I might give those a look too but for now trying to get comfortable with the Enroute and PronestLT which came with the machine. At this point I have nothing but great things to say about ShopSabre as they have been 100% responsive and helpful with anything I ask of them so super happy with them.

djeiswig, I will definitely contribute to the best of my ability and I look forward to participating and sharing. Thanks for the welcome and feedback.

Jeff
:Like :Like :Like :Like

Return to “Introduce Yourself”