New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
swallowre
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by swallowre »

J&B, we appreciate what we have learned on plasmaspider, so we are joining:)
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Newbie

Post by adbuch »

Welcome aboard! Plenty to learn here, both hardware and software, plus the many great cut files. Tell us more about yourself, what kind of table and cutter you have, and what sorts of projects you have been doing.
David
swallowre
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by swallowre »

The table is an Arclight, Arc Pro x 4800. Software is Inkscape, Qcad, and Sheetcam. The table has a tracing tool for tracking an object, instead of designing from scratch. It is great for making parts. We do not have the etcher, or pipe cutting attachments.

Most of the projects are custom, seems like even if there is a great design out there, everyone needs to add their own name, or something unique.
Bob
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Thanks for the update Bob! We will look forward to seeing some of your work once you get a chance to post a few photos. I have that same Auto Tracer installed onto one of my cnc wood routers. It uses the Scanything program developed and sold by Les Newall of Sheetcam. It is great for digitizing cardboard or paper patterns, etc. The Arclight demo videos below show how it works.

David

ozzey01
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by ozzey01 »

thanks guys! I am newbie too and found this community really good:)
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

ozzey01 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:55 am thanks guys! I am newbie too and found this community really good:)
Welcome aboard Ozzey! What table/cutter/software are you using, or learning to use. What sorts of projects are you interested in making or have already made? Feel free to post some photos of your setup and work when you get a chance.

David

Return to “Introduce Yourself”