new to everything fabrication and bought a plasma table

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
AUTOSANDS
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

new to everything fabrication and bought a plasma table

Post by AUTOSANDS »

hello all i am a 51 year old newbie lol
i am a forced semi retired mechanic with health issues that forced a unwanted and dramatic change
my auto immune disorder leaves me unable to continue my career in automotive as a mechanic
i purchased a langmuir crossfire pro last year and feel i am just starting to get the hang of a small part of it
so please be patient with me when i ask stupid questions
thank you and have a great day
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: new to everything fabrication and bought a plasma table

Post by Joe Jones »

Speaking only for myself, I am glad to see you here!

Where are you located? What are you planning to do with your table? Weekend flea market metal art? Production of widgets for some local company? What software are you using for designing? Or do you DO any designing of your art at all? tell a little about where you plan to go with this!

Be advised ... this covid hoax has lit everyone's fuse, and some fuses are quite a bit shorter than others. But don't worry. There are some people here who are full of a lot of knowledge, and there are others who are just full of something else. I don't have to name them. They will make sure you know who they are in short order. :HaHa

Well, I have two acres of grass to mow before the next rain storm. Time to fire up the old John Deere!

Joe

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

Welcome aboard! Langmuir makes some great stuff, and that Crossfire Pro is no exception. There is much to learn here - cad/cam, hardware, as well as an abundance of cut ready files. Be sure to become a contributing member ($20/year) to allow access to all files. You can use the search tool to find topics of interest. Your mechanical background will serve you well with cnc plasma projects. Let us know what specific projects you are working on, and if you have questions. Shared photos are always welcome.
David
AUTOSANDS
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by AUTOSANDS »

ok so i use fusion 360 and i say that lightly as its a huge learning curve but i have been making progress
as for selling thinking of starting small and just selling to local markets but not really a farmers market seller either
as for designing i want to get there but again a huge learning curve so baby steps
i am a contributing member and really enjoy the info i have learned already
thank you for the warm welcome
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Langmuir has some great Fusion 360 tutorials relating to drawing and cnc plasma cutting.

https://www.langmuirsystems.com/software/fusion

I also recommend this excellent set of 16 Fusion 360 tutorials from Arnold Rowntree.
Arnold provides a separate drawing for each lesson which may be printed out on paper to look at while following along with the lesson. I did Arnold's original Fusion 360 tutorials/lessons several years ago and I was very impressed.

If you are wanting to learn Inkscape I highly recommend the Logos by Nick series ($17 one time fee).

David

https://logosbynick.com/inkscape/
Logos by Nick Inkscape master class.jpg
AUTOSANDS
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by AUTOSANDS »

thank you all for the warm welcome i will be asking questions and watching videos for a bit but wanted to say thanks again
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

AUTOSANDS wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 1:29 am thank you all for the warm welcome i will be asking questions and watching videos for a bit but wanted to say thanks again
You are quite welcome! Hope to hear from you again soon.
David

Return to “Introduce Yourself”