New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
Revinvoss
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Revinvoss »

Hello, all
I am a new member and new to plasma cnc, I have a premier plasma cnc and running a Hypertherm Powermax 45xp on it, also using Inkscape, sheetcam and mach3.
I have been trying out different test jobs on it. does what want it to.
I hope others can help with some questions I have with the issues I do have with operation adjustments.
plasmanewbie
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New member

Post by plasmanewbie »

Welcome, glad to hear your setup is doing what you want it to! Plenty of members here using your software combo so your in good company and I am sure you will get your questions answered. You can find the specific forums for each piece of your software here https://plasmaspider.com/viewforum.php?f=138 if you haven't found it already. Best of luck!
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New member

Post by adbuch »

Revinvoss wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 12:38 pm
I hope others can help with some questions I have with the issues I do have with operation adjustments.
Welcome aboard! I would suggest that you reach out to Premier Plasma tech support to ask about your height control problem. I would guess that displaying 3 dashes is not normal, and that perhaps it should be displaying the cut height. Is there a specific manual that came with your table discussing setup and operation of your thc? If it is always cutting 1/2" away from the material, then I would expect you are getting terrible cuts. Perhaps post some photos. In the mean time, perhaps disable your thc and set your cut height manually. With your Hypertherm 45xp, cut height for steel should be 0.060" with a pierce height of 0.150". Cut speeds are listed in the Hypertherm manual in the mechanized cutting section.
David

Return to “Introduce Yourself”