New to group

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
astotts57@gmail.com
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

New to group

Post by astotts57@gmail.com »

Hi, my name is Andy
I just bought the Langmuir crossfire Pro and going to set it up this weekend. My only experience with designing parts and CNC is with 3D printers. I have been using them for years. I have been doing metal fabrication for 30 yrs and have a Hyperterm hand plasma cutter and bought the Primeweld cut 60 for my Crossfire pro. Looking forward to learning from all the wealth of knowledge in this group. Thanks for allowing me to join. Happy fabricating.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New to group

Post by adbuch »

Welcome aboard Andy! That Langmuir Crossfire Pro is one sweet table! Lots of users here and I have never heard a negative comment or review. With your 3D printing experience, I assume you may have already become very familiar with Fusion 360 for your solid modeling. For cnc plasma cutting, Langmuir has some great Fusion 360 tutorial videos. Arnold Rowntree also has an excellent set of 16 Fusion 360 tutorial lessons which I highly recommend. Many here use Inkscape as well for creating more artistic pieces. Logos by Nick has a great set of Inkscape tutorials ($17) which is well worth taking a look at. What sorts of projects are you planning to tackle with your new cutting table? We will look forward to seeing some of your projects once you are up and cutting. Good luck!
David
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome aboard Andy, having the 3-D printing experiences is a plus to have an big picture view of CNC in general. Lots of great info to be had from the members here, for a quick look around you can use the search function in the upper right. Or pose questions in the category that fit them.
Have Fun
Tom
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
astotts57@gmail.com
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by astotts57@gmail.com »

My primary interest is in using the CNC plasma cutter for repair and fabrication. I have multiple tractors and want to modify a car trailer to a tilt trailer. Recently also became interested in signs.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Signs can be a lot of fun. Tom has made some great ones, and perhaps he'll share a few photos here.
David
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

there have been many very nice signs posted here, example in gate form
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=33939
One thing I think makes signs pop is multi-layers using different cut parts. Arranged in different height and or colors, having standoff which effect lighting. Learning to break apart an image/drawing can really change the appearances of a sign or wall hanger. Many other fun things talked about here too.
Man Cave 2 (1).JPG
DSCN2249.JPG
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

acourtjester wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:54 am there have been many very nice signs posted here, example in gate form
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=33939
One thing I think makes signs pop is multi-layers using different cut parts. Arranged in different height and or colors, having standoff which effect lighting. Learning to break apart an image/drawing can really change the appearances of a sign or wall hanger. Many other fun things talked about here too.
Man Cave 2 (1).JPG
DSCN2249.JPG
Those are some nice looking pieces Tom! Thanks for showing us. These are great to get ideas about multi-layered pieces.
David

Return to “Introduce Yourself”